This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remnants Of Insomnia


When I look in the mirror I see a me. If its early in the morn. I want to flee.


Hair standing on end, no make-up in sight, looks like Mr. Sandman didn't come last night.


Just slits of eyes and wrinkles deep. I see a me who needs some sleep.


So I wash my face and comb my hair, searching in my closet for something to wear.


Shower water splashing against my face, trying to meet the world with grace.


Brushing and Flossing with a squirt of mint, taking care of me is time well spent.


Me feels better and takes another peek, until insomnia hits again next week.

Paula 03-21-99

17 comments:

REGINA said...

i love this poem. glad you shared it with us. we all feel this way from time to time.

be blessed,

regina

garnett109 said...

great stuff

Donna. W said...

I know THAT feeling!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Sounds like me lately...(Hugs)Indigo

Unknown said...

I just love it! That was me this morning. I also love all your cow graphics very nice.

htt://tabathamax.blogspot.com

Kath said...

Too true Paula LOL!! Same here he-he.Great poem.Have a good day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Robin said...

Wow I could have written that...well if I had talent that way. Very cute poem!

Lisa said...

Great poem...someone sounds sleepy!

Happy Being Me said...

Oh I have many of those kinda days. I'd like to just take the mirror out of the bathroom. Great poem - Thanks for sharing.
Take care and have a wonderful day,
Katie

sober white women said...

Oh I so have those WEEKS! LOL I have just stopped looking in the mirror. It is way to scary for me.
Kelli

Joyce said...

Boy does that describe me to a tee. Very cute. LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Lori said...

I LOVE this! And I HATE sleepless nights and having to look at myself in the mirror the next morning. You hit that on the head.

shirl72 said...

Thank you Paula for stopping by.
Your poem is the way my mirrors
will show me in the mornings.
One makes me look OK and one is bad
news. Then when I get in the car and look in that one I am ready to
come back in the house and start
all over. The Golden Years takes
a toll on us.

Shirl

roberta said...

SO, UR A POET AND DID'NT KNOW IT..LOL. P.S. BRUSHING TEETH AND LOOKING IN MIRROR WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD ANSWER TO MY "DIRTY" RIDDLE..ROBERTA

Anonymous said...

sorry you cannot sleep...when I cannot I get on computer...LOL..works every time...cannot keep my eyes open!!!great poem...and says it all...about most of us....LOL...God Bless...from KY...Ora

Beth said...

Very clever!

Amelia said...

I can relate. *M*

http://learningtoadapt.blogspot.com