This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, December 8, 2008

John's Favorite Bull

John just loves this angus bull. Maybe love is too strong a word 'cause he could sell it at the drop of a hat if he thought he had a reason. Right now he is his man because he fathers good calves. There is a junior that looks just like him. We've been hauling tractor tires around today to have them fixed. Did you ever try to turn on a dime into a business with three giant tires in the back of a little ford ranger? You feel closed in and can't see out the back with the rear view mirror. Yes I was the driver and John was the yeller. Turn here, turn there, get in this lane, go to the bank. Oh there is the cowboy's truck at the coffee place, need to give him a check for hauling the cattle. I swear I'm gonna back hand him one of these days. We ole' country guys are going out tomorrow night. Gotta look for something to wear and check my shoes for cow dung. We have a brand spanking new Holiday Inn Express in our town and we're invited to a finiancial seminar and dinner in their party room. I've been just dying to look in there and haven't had an excuse. How can a little town like our's support a motel like that, three stories no less? Maybe hunters in hunting season will use it. People from other towns who have someone in the hospital maybe. When we go to the ranch I always count the cars in their parking lot to see how they are doing. I forgot to say the tire people at the strawberry city gave us two new writing pens. We're too tight to buy them at the store. I was so glad to get them because we have two big jars full of writing pens and none of them write. Well sometime you can squiggle them around and get a few sentences out of them so I can't bare/ bear to throw them away. Wow I better get off here I told John I didn't have time to go with him to take the tires back to the ranch.

16 comments:

shirl72 said...

The finnancial seminar is to get you to invest
your money into something that would make you more. Sometime they are hi-pressure. It will
give you a chance to look the place over. You are savvy enough to handle the situation. Should be fun. I think you should leave the cow dung on your shoes sit up front with your leg crossed swinging your foot.

Shirl

Alice said...

John's bull looks like he might make a fine t-bone steak or two. Enjoy the dinner but beware of the sales pitch :)..........

Donna. W said...

I, too, appreciate a good bull.

sober white women said...

Oh I so want to be you and John when Rusty and I grow up. Actuall we are almost there! Rusty swears that I can't drive a truck to save my life.
Kelli

Helen said...

Bet he could get a good price for that Bull if he wanted to sell him. I don't blame you about not wanting to drive where you can't see where you want to go. Have a great time at that dinner and be sure to chek you shoes before you go in LOL. Helen

Jimmy's Journal said...

When I read the title to your post I feared that some of John's great pick-up lines might come to the surface, but, alas, it was not to be.

That's a fine looking bull, John!

Jimmy

garnett109 said...

I think you are rubbing off on John

The Wife said...

Hey there Paula! Thanks for visiting me. Glad to find someone else out there that works cattle. Come back and visit any time!

Jan said...

The Bull is a handsome fellow no wonder he is John's favourite ..love Jan xx

Woody said...

Thoughts that come to mind from that Handsome Black Bull *(drooling) Sirloin, T-Bone, New York Strip Steaks, Top and bottom round, long and short stack Bar B Q Ribs, roasts, hamburg,
My Honey thinks I'm a little strange cuz my pin ups are of Cattle, pigs, turkeys, calfs,
chickens, YUMMY looking critter!!!

lol


Woody

Ally Lifewithally said...

Paula he is indeed a good looking Bull ~ sounds like John is a back seat/Passenger seat driver ~ I would have got out and left the driving to him :o) ~ enjoy the finiancial seminar ~ and make sure your shoes are clean ~ Ally x

Amelia said...

Enjoy your dinner at the seminar. *M*

Janie said...

I can sure understand what you are talking about when you say backhand. lol Nice looking bull. lol Have a great week. Janie

Joyce said...

I got your number Paula. That seminar come with dinner? Or you just want to see the inside? LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Gerry said...

I love this picture of a good bull. And I laughed when you aid John was the yeller. Yes, that sounds about right when doing things with men. It seems that most of them have a yeller inside of them waiting for opportunity. Gerry

Rose said...

glad to see you can handle your pick up with a load of tires, good for you!