This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Susie Is Generous

All the neighborhood cats must keep their ears to the ground to be able to hear the tinkle of dry tidbits being poured into Susie's bowl on the front porch. She always knows which room I'm in and comes to sit by that room and meows loudly as if to say feed me, so of course I do. Several times a day in fact. Not so much at a time as I don't want to support the neighbor's cats completely. After I feed her I go inside and watch out the door. When the mama with kittens or the big black tom cat comes over she steps back and sits and watches them eat. She looks like she is beaming all over to share her food. When John walks in the morning she goes about a half a block with him then comes back and sits on the driveway waiting for him to come home. He said one morning last week he decided to walk farther then usual. As he passed the house up she ran out to the street and tapped him on the ankle as if to say "hey you're passing up your house". This is the way she always gets my attention when she wants me to stay outside with her or feed her or figure out what she wants. She taps my ankle with the pads but never puts her claws out. Susie is an odd cat. She never purrs but I think she is happy. Wonder if her purrer is broke? She never kills my birds. She coexists with them and never pays them any mind. Susie is getting old and we'll sure miss her when shes gone. Her mama left her here with two little brothers when she was a baby. As the boys got bigger they ambled off like tom cats do and finally never came back. I had Susie spayed and she has been here ever since. She still has some of the wild in her. She won't allow anyone, even me, to pick her up. If all is quiet and I'm on the porch on the bench alone she will come and get into my lap. Susie is special but then isn't everyone's cats?

19 comments:

REGINA said...

third try at posting a comment......sigh. i hate my wifi, lol.

susie is a true feline. she owns you, not vice versa, lol. i love the way she taps at your ankles.

and she is so sweet to share with the others.

be blessed,

regina

garnett109 said...

Simon AKA Fatman stomps when he wants to eat

Jan said...

Yes I agree Susie sounds a very special cat ..love Jan xx

Helen said...

Susie has plenty of good sense alright and is a very generous and caring cat. Seems like she loves you and John but is still a bit timid about being petted. Helen

Amelia said...

Susie is an interesting cat! I love the way these little creatures develop their own little personalities. It's neat that she'll share her food with the other cats. *M*

Cindi said...

Susie..is the best.....

sober white women said...

Every morning I have 5 cats sitting on the breakfast bar just screaming at me because I am not feeding them fast enough. I must be the most special person in the world to have 5 cats singing for me.
Kelli

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))You do have a special cat and She knows that you and on are good people.She is one happy cat.hanks for stoping by my Journal.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Paula I enjoyed reading about Susie ~ Like all cats she owns you and seems to have you very well trained :o) ~ Loved the picture ~ Ally x

Lisa said...

I loved your entry about Susie, she is awfully pretty!! She sounds like a delightful friend for you. I had to laugh that she wanted to make sure John knew he passed the house, how cute is that!!

Cats are so special with their own unique little traits. I'm glad Susie has you and you have her.

Missie said...

She's a beauty of a cat!

Sheila Y said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. We had a cat that would knock on the back door with his paw. He was fixed but he roamed too. Have a great day, Sheila

Alice said...

Suzie is a beautiful cat and unusually generous with the other cats. Never heard of a cat like that :).........

shirl72 said...

Susie sounds special and very happy with her
home where she is comfortable. I think animals read their care givers and then
develope their personality. Susie's is cute.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

your Susie sounds like a real sweetheart...and loving...but she is her own person LOL...and she has you and John well trained to her way of thinking LOLOL..hugs from Ora in KY....PS..if it were me I would have worn my dung covered boots and dirty jeans....LOL...serve them all right!!!??? God Bless

Joyce said...

She's a cutie and like most cats, has a mind of her own. Sounds like she's getting plenty to eat and that's probably why she leaves the birds alone. And yes, we do love our furr babies.
Hugs, Joyce

Gerry said...

You describe this cat so well that I feel like I know her. That is endearing for her to go down and tap you if you go past the house. That's cat talking. I get a kick out of funniest home videos because of all the funny things animals do that people record (and people). Did you read Lisa's entry about her cats getting alarmed over her behavior while wildly dancing. It was obvious they thought she had taken leave of her senses. Lisa of the Bison Farm.

Rose said...

I have 4 cats and my daughter's cat only likes her unless he wants a scratching then he'll settle for me or Mark. He also sits and waits for the other 3 cats to eat then he'll eat. weird.

salemslot9 said...

Susie!