This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm Not Going To Mention Time Change

Shhh no siree not me. I tried to put one running clock in my post and ended up with zillions of them and had a hard time getting rid of them. lol Well at least we were right on time to church and there were actually 17 people there. Two visiting couples and one dog. During the sermon the minister stopped and said "hello puppy" toward the door. The weather was perfect to leave the door open without using air or heat. When the minister said that everyone turned and looked toward the door. There was a big mixed breed dog looking in the door. It stayed right out side the door as if listening all during the sermon. Better a friendly dog then what another minister faced today. What a sad example of out times.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I was so saddened by the news of the church shooting. What in the world is going on when someone would pick a church (not to mention the pastor) to have a shootout. I pray for everyone involved.
Hugs, Joyce

jack69 said...

I love a minister with a sense of humor. When I was a kid, my dad was my pastor and the pasronage was next door to the church the way God created them (HA!) There was no A/C so the doors were open. My dog Ace would lay his head on the threshold of the back door and watch the church service. BAck then there was a lot of competition counting attendance. Dad was accused of counting Ace. Ha!
NOw the sad part. It is amazing that churches have to start talking about security, in the USA! And I thought it was bad when they had to start locking church doors. VERY SAD!
Jack

jack69 said...

Remember hitting the post key and seeing the miss spelled words?
Yeah. I know how to spell parsonage, I think!
Jack

Janie said...

Wasn't that terrible what happened today. :( Hope all has been going good with you and John, sorry I have not been commenting. Have a wonderful week. Janie

Kath said...

I have had that problem Paula many times.If I try putting some graphics in from the internet hundreds come up in th eblog Grrrrrrrrr.Too right they take some getting rid of.I have no idea why this happens.Glad I am not alone.Lots of our church doors are now being locked in England Paula.What a world we live in Grrrrr.Take Crae God Bless Kath xx

Helen said...

Good of the dog to come to church. Yes that killing at that church was very bad. I hope you and John have a great week and that you get some much needed rain. Helen

garnett109 said...

I wonder why the dog did not come on in?

Lori said...

Sounds like a sweet dog, and a tolerant pastor. Glad you didn't oversleep. I didn't either, but I was so tired all day yesterday!