This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

I Think I Lost My Job


Those turtles are going to be spoiled rotten and I have lost my job but that didn't keep me from feeding them this morning. It didn't keep them from eating either. When we drove up the new renters had old appliances etc. loaded on a flat bed truck to haul to salvage to sell. John almost fainted they had a big heavy tractor wheel that belongs to the land owner loaded. Whoaaa he stopped that in a hurry. Guess they thought they were doing him a favor but let me tell you he wasn't happy. Oh well John is going to have to learn to have better comunication with his renters. I liked them and I was invited into the house to see how she has arranged everything. Those people have lots of "stuff" but she had it neat and cute. They took the office room and the garage and made it into an appartment for the son and his girlfriend. The Dad and John was out at the stock tank when I was feeding the turtles. John ask him if you can eat those kind of turtles. He said I don't know but my daughters wouldn't let me eat any of those. He said they go out and feed twice a day. The mother told me her brother gives out commodities in town so they have plenty of bread for the turtles. Those dang turtles will not know how to fend for themselves ever again. Who would have ever thought it? The picture is the lane leading to the farm house and you can barely see the house top right.

9 comments:

Frances said...

Yep!!! You do need to have a good understanding with renters. My son had a beautiful white brick home in Dallas, he rented out when he left the state to work. The renters wanted to know if they could do some painting. He said yes, thinking they meant the interior walls. They painted the once white brick a dark red, awful color. We live and learn!!!

roberta said...

COWGIRL, THAT TURTLE IS BEAUTIFUL..WE HAVE TURTLES HERE THAT ARE JUST GREEN. IF U GET TOO CLOSE THEY ALL JUMP INTO THE WATER AT ONCE.NICE PHOTO OF THE RANCH...ROBERTA

shirl72 said...

The turtles want to see you, not a new person.
You know how to communicate with them and they
love you.

Shirl

Helen said...

Sorry you lost your job. Those renters should have asked John if they could move all those things. Good thing John got there when he did. I love that picture. I used to love dirt roads before all this back trouble. We had some renters who asked if they could paint a room. We said go ahead, they painted all the room ceiling included white with green ivy vines running all over it ceiling and all. LOL. Helen

Jimmy's Journal said...

You are the Turtle Whisperer indeed! Are those sunflower plants growing along the road in the picture?

Jimmy

Lucy said...

I must ask, how is Lucy. I love to eat so I hope she does to. I must look into a turtle.

garnett109 said...

Those turtles got the life.

Lucy said...

I think very early in my life dad had 2 mules. I remember my mom talking about them, but I can not remember them. I knew sleeping sickness was a dreaded disease if it got in animals but I truly did not know just how much work it took to bring them out of it, plus quite a long period of not being strong enough to work. None of our animals ever got struck by lightning.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Sounds like you may have good renters this time around. Enjoyed seeing the picture of the lane.