This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Smorgasbord Of An Entry


First let me answer Salem'slot. My name is Pauline but I always wanted to be called Paula and some people do call me that and some call me Polly. Plus Paula is a little shorter to sign. You can call me anything but be sure to call me to supper.
Now about this graphic it has no rhyme or reason. I don't know where I got it or why I have it.
Do you write entries in your head while walking through Wal*Mart? I do but then I'm kind of different I guess. I saw all these neat boots walking through Wal*Mart today. Everyone must have had boots under their tree this year. When you read blogs regularly do you imagine what the person is like from reading them? I do and I'm probably way off base. If you met me in person you would probably think I am the most boring person you ever met. The things I tell about at the ranch would probably make you say what?
Why do people have to eat turkey on Thanksgivng and ham on Easter? Why not enchiladas with onions? Is the world going to fall down because we celebrated Christmas the day after? I hope not because I learned I can multi-task. On Christmas day I cleaned out the linen closet and while I was doing it I thought of the meaning of Christmas, the birth of Jesus and while I did that I chewed gum.
To top everything off I saw a man make an idiot of himself a while ago. I was in a drive-through line and they had ask a lady to pull up to wait for her order. The man behind her started cursing her and telling her to get the h--- on down the road. He was honking his horn and yelling. He finally pulled around her squealing his brakes and still yelling. As he drove off the lady stuck her head out the window and yelled God Bless you. He was able to get around her okay and she was doing what they ask her to do.
I guess I'm feeling disgruntled, hope it isn't a sign of the coming year.

9 comments:

salemslot9 said...

thanks, Paula
Paula = not boring
I don't eat ham
or call it Easter
Passover
(not Jewish, either)
we prefer to
order inside
even if it's
a take out order
it's alright to
feel disgruntled, sometimes

Rose said...

one thing I can say there are a few people I would love to met in person here in the world of online blogs and you are one of them!

And we can eat where ever you want!!

Helen said...

Guess who had the best day the woman waiting or that irritable man?
I think you would be a fun person to be around.
No boots bought here this Christmas but then no ranching done around here either.
Hope your weekend goes better and forget that rude man.
Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula...boots are the "thing" I think this year...three out of five got boots around here...and I wasn't one of them...but then I don't go anywhere when the weather is bad enough to wear boots LOL...and well being a city girl...I enjoy reading about your cow patties and mud and hay bales...and cows of course...and don't forget the turtles...it's a whole different life to me LOLOL...and I just bet if you and I ever met up with one another we would be a tad shy at first...but once we got out the coffee pot and mugs...we would be off and running LOLOL...and yes...I am one of those turkey for tgiving,,,ham for Christmas...and for Easter it is usually a cook out type of thing cause I am so glad to get outside from the long winter....LOL...sorry to ramble...God Bless...hugs...Ora

Lucy said...

How can you even think your blogs are not interesting. I love the way you write. I, like many others would love to meet you even I know it will never happen, I can dream. I have not been out of the house since Nov. 16th. but I will not fall on the snow or ice and break a bone. It is 5 below zero and wind chill was 18 below zero. I think we were raised a lot the same from your comments on My Day to Day blog.

Anonymous said...

PAULA, YOU ARE DOING FINE.
OLD HILLBILLY GREAT DEPRESSION FOLKS SUCH AS MYSELF APPRECIATE YOUR WRITING STYLE.

NOW BEING FAR FROM THE OZARKS, HOWEVER CAN WELL REMEMBER THE LIFESTYLE AND OUTGROWING THE SLANG WHICH ACTUALLY NEVER WAS ADOPTED. OUR SCHOOL TEACHERS DID A FINE JOB WITH THE READING, WRITING AND ARITHMETIC AND I SUSPECT THAT WAS THE CASE ALSO OF PAULA'S CHILDHOOD NEIGHBORHOOD.

PRACTICAL EDUCATION AMONG GROWING THINGS IS HARD TO BEAT. HORSES, CATTLE, PIGS, CHICKENS AND WILDLIFE SUCH AS SONGBIRDS AND YES ALSO VULTURES WHICH WE CALLED 'CHICKEN HAWKS' TRYING TO SNATCH A CHICKEN. GROWING CROPS, WHEAT, CORN, BEANS, WATERMELONS, STRAWBERRIES, ALL SHARED WITH WILDLIFE, TURTLES TOO WE SHOULD REMEMBER, THEY LOVED STRAWBERRIES. HAPPY RURAL LIFE.

CITY KIDS HAD A LOT TO LEARN WHEN VISITING OUT THERE WHICH THEY REFERRED TO AS THE 'STICKS'.
PAULA YOUR ENTRIES ARE GREAT. sam

shirl72 said...

Paula if I could write interesting entries like
you I would write everyday. I live a busy life
but probably on interesting to me. Entertaining
at assisted living centers can be a hoot. I also
have interesting friends. They are song writers
and entertainers in Nashville, Tn. My friend
wrote some of Randy Travis songs when he first
started. His son is in Nashville making a new CD of Love Songs.

Shirl

Shirl

Anonymous said...

I was walking behind someone this evening who thought I was rushing her. I thought I was just walking. She moved over to let me pass her & I didn't realize she felt rushed by me until reading your entry. I was always in a rush; time to slow down.

I definitely would not think of you as a boring person, Paula/Pauline.

garnett109 said...

I think of stuff to write in the shower, watching tv, getting my hair cut but now you have given me wal-mart now to do my thinking thanks, wal-mart here I come