This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Clicking Remote

The remote control goes click, click, cick. The man behind it must be very sick.

An act of violence becomes a beautiful scene, the controller of this button is really mean.

Just as the weatherman speaks of rain I find myself watching a man named Lalanne.

One of the comics got bopped and fell, all of a sudden a company is trying to sell.

The bane of our existance is the little black box, as I get ready to watch TV and take off my socks.

I have looked forward to a movie, already popped the corn, as I look up with John Wayne the screen is adorned.

Comics, preachers, soaps, and a whole lot more, makes you want to kick the man with the remote right out the door.

A show might be of interest if he would only pause. I think many divorces, a clicking remote may be the cause.

Grrrr Paula Just kidding he doesn't touch my computer.

18 comments:

Donna. W said...

ROFL. Very good.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I need this sewn on a sampler for my great room!!

Sheila Y said...

Lol, good one...Sheila

Lori said...

Love it! Sounds like Thomas when he has charge of the remote!

Unknown said...

I loved your poem!...I loved your artisticly interpetive message!

(all we need to do now is to put it to music so that at least SOME of the guys can GET-IT too) lol. God love-um,most don't think this action is a problem! And the rest, don't care if it is!... (address your letters and e-mails of complaint reguarding prior comments to: PainintheassBwhocannotkeephermouthshut.com)...

Toon said...

This could almost be a poem about God.. if one wanted to look at it that way.

jack69 said...

You are just full of poetry. Could be called poetry in motion as you tell a country tale. But this time you have gone too far. IT AIN'T ALWAYS A MAN WHO IS CLICKING THAT THING!!!! LOL
Of course a great entry.
Take care over there and enjoy the spring, gonna get hot over there.
Sherry & Jack

Anonymous said...

PAULA, I HAVE THE REMOTE ALL TO MYSELF, SORT OF LONESOME, REMEMBERING FARTHER BACK, ADJUSTING THE RABBIT EARS, FIXING THE FOIL JUST RIGHT WITH INSTRUCTIONS COMING FROM ACROSS THE ROOM, CAN'T GET RID OF THE 'SNOW'. sam

Lucy said...

That is a good one Paula.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thanks for the smile ~ Ally x

barb said...

I DO SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!! BARB

Marty said...

Hi Paula,
Very funny ... maybe you should quietly get one of those universal remotes so you could have your very own remote duel!
Best,
Marty

Lucy said...

You have a good time wherever you are and you will be missed terribly by all of us.

Martha said...

That was adorable :-)

Lisa said...

Love it!!! So very true too!

Jimmy's Journal said...

It's communism Paula - Put on the show you want then take the batteries out of the remote.

Jimmy

Dar said...

Paula, I miss you I hope all is OK for you...
Good one Jimmy...I need to take Bill's batteries...
BlessYa and Prayers

Gerry said...

What I can't stand is when Doc is trying to play a movie, especially a foreign one. He just can't find the English subtitles so we find ourselves watching movies in French, and then he has to go back to the beginning of time to try to get the English again. No more movies with subtitles for him! I thought this was the cutest poem. So apt, so true. Did John see it? Ha. Doc has taken to reading my blog. He was shocked when he read today that he was in terrible condition. He will learn to read my blog where I only tell the truth!