This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Coyote Mode

Guess by now most people know people who transport illegals are called coyotes and after all these years they are pulling the same tricks and not getting caught often. Sometime the illegals themselves get caught and sometime not. We're not that far from Mexico and have lots of country roads for them to travel on. Early this morning the sheriff's department called and wanted to know if we have property on such and such road. Thinking cows were out I handed the phone to John. A coyote with a brand new pick-up loaded with illegals had crashed through the fence and coyote and illegals had scattered to the underbrush not to be found leaving the new damaged truck behind. This happens to one of John's leased places every few years and to other people's places. They always use the same mode. When the border patrol starts chasing them and they see they are not going to out run them they crash through a fence and scatter. The truck will check out to be stolen. Actually the truck probably belongs to the coyote or a friend or relative and as soon as they can after the crash they call in to report the truck has been stolen and they are home free. Probably even collect insurance. They never seem to get hurt and the coyotes seldom get caught. Humm makes me wonder?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Paula, I agree. Frustrating huh? My eldest Daughter Jennifer, lives just on the outskirts of Tucson Arazona, and she says they have alot of this same kind of trouble there.___=^..^=___Kittie

Toon said...

I'd never heard the term before. I've learned something new and it's not even 7 am yet!

Dar said...

Our country keeps inviting trouble...hope they start to figure it out and send them all back where they came from. My thought, learn the language, become a citizen, get a job, pay taxes, get your own insurance, stop being cowards and leeches. Good for you for posting this. We do have a problem with the illegals and we are the ones stuck paying their way while they laugh all the way to the bank. Not right.
God will catch up to them.
BlessYourHeart

Donna in TEXAS said...

Hello sweet pauline..

salemslot9 said...

so, I'm guessing
your John has to
fix the damage

that sucks

Unknown said...

It's big business Paula and they can't stop it...that might violate their civil rights. Several years ago, I was drilling a well just south of Pharr Tx. The location was right on the river. You could see them every night, just across the river, sitting on the ground and waiting for nightfall, then they would make a mad dash across the river. If they could make it to the pickup point, the Coyote would pick them up and away they would go. I had wild and wooly times down on that ol' Rio. Sorry to hear that they crashed your fence!

Lori said...

That is a shame. I didn't realize you lived that close to the border. I hope there wasn't too much damage done or that you have property insurance that will cover it. I did know the term -- think I learned it from an old movie or a book a long time ago.

Lisa said...

Never knew about coyote terms but it sure is interesting hearing about it. As the others say, I guess John has to repair the damage. You would think by now the officials would come up with a better way to stop this from happening.

Amelia said...

Sorry about the fencing Ms. Paula....

Missy

moni said...

We live just 32 miles north of the border and the illegals are a huge problem. I write and I call our congressmen but alas, no one seems to care. I'm sorry about your fence Pauline.