This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Crooked Foot


Looking at the picture the hoof on the right is completely turned but you can't tell as there is a clump of dirt in the way thanks to my good photo expertise. John bought her at the local cattle auction not knowing her hoof was as bad as it is. I don't think she knows she is different from her peers and I don't think she feels sorry for herself. She can keep up with the other cattle and gives birth to good calves and takes care of them. We found this morning that she has a spanking brand new calf. Probably her smallest yet because John left her older calf with her too long and it was draining her of milk and energy. Crooked Foot has been a good addition to the herd and she is as happy as a cow can be.

11 comments:

Helen said...

It does look spayed pretty much. Wish something could be done for her. Helen

jack69 said...

Love your header picture. The colors just jump out!
Neat story again, you can find and spin some to the best. Congrats to Crooked foot on the new birth!!!

Sending Love from the Freezer

Unknown said...

I've never seen one like that but it doesn't seem like it bothers her too much. Amen to the new header picture, it's beautiful.

Sheila Y said...

Ole crooked foot seems to be managing pretty well. Love the header picture too. Take care and Have a great weekend, Sheila

Jean said...

I agree with Jack, you write a great story and I enjoy your blog.Congrats on Crooked foots new calf.

Unknown said...

Like I've always said,"The only true handy-cap is a bad attitude." Ole coooked foot's a good example of that very thing don't you think?...Also, love,Love,LOVE the joke!...Cow-A-Sock-ee!...to cute-to funny!___=^..^=___Kittie

Amelia said...

At least she turned out to be a good one even with the bad foot.


Missy

Martha said...

I'm glad she doesn't know she's a little different. Nothing like a happy cow :-)

Have a great weekend Paula!

Lucy said...

That cow seems to be one happy cow. My sister had a crooked foot and she never let that stand in her way. Love the little cartoon on the side.

Dar said...

You and John are just the best cattle-tenders. Love that Crooked Foot is as happy as the rest of the herd and has given birth to happy calves.

What a gorgeous cemetery. Are those Indian Paintbrush? Gorgeous
BlessYourHearts

Amelia said...

Hey Ms. Paula. Thanks for the comment. Yes, I remember Janie. I actually e-mailed her several months ago and she was doing ok. She just doesn't blog anymore as far as I know.

Missy