This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Early Morning Goings On In My Kitchen



Early this morning the skillet was heating and the onions chopped. Susie the cat was hanging by the back door in anticipation. I was checking my clock every few minutes waiting for John to leave. Before eight o'clock the chore was done. The vent-a-hood was quiet and the good smelling candles were all aglow. Dishes all washed and the smelly can in the garbage outside. Not a single trace of the "goings on" in my kitchen. Only Susie the cat licking her chops and looking slightly guilty. I have to respect John's distaste for the smell of fish since I feel the same way about liver so I bide my time and jump at the chance to make salmon patties when I know he is going to be gone for a few hours. Now lets see if he detects anything when he comes home.

13 comments:

Jeannette said...

Sounds as if your kitchen is a fresh as a daisy now.

jack69 said...

I love this one you sneaky wife. hahahaha You and Susie are going to have the feast of kings. I am getting hungry just trying to smell thru this screen!!! One of our favorite meals.

It is funny though, Sherry's sister could not stand the smell of two things: cooking Hog ears and the smell of sardines. Sonny did that stuff in his (detached) garage. hahaha.

Toon said...

Better give some to the cat or she'll tell on you.

Wendy said...

He'll come home and see you licking your chops and know you've been up to something!! Enjoy!

Jill said...

Enjoy every morsel while you can! :)

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha! we do what we have to to keep the peace!

DD said...

He'll never know unless Susie tells him and she won't if you give her half...Lol.

Lucy said...

John, the bohemian, will know...or will he Does this thing invove liver? I like liver and onions about 4 times a year but Joe will eat one slcie and you can tell he id forcing himself to do just that.

Cher' Shots said...

Salmon patties ~ okay, now I'm drooling! I've fried so much fish in my lifetime but I never get tired of the smell. Funny huh.
'hugs from afar'

salemslot9 said...

salmon patties recipe, please

p.s.
I'd like to
see cows that
can close gate

lol

Dar said...

We just had Salmon Loaf with Creamed Peas, so good, the guys even passed out compliments, a very rare thing in my house...but my brother is teaching them the art of respect and gratefulness for a fine meal.
BlessYourHeart, love this

Lucy said...

Paula will you comment if you get this. I have been lost and trying to find my way back.

DD said...

Hi there Paula.

I like your new header picture.
Best of all, I like the top picture in your side bar, you and your two dughters, all gorgeous ladies and you just about look like sisters.

I laugh at the sign..Cows, please close the gate...haaa.