This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Animal Shows

I stepped out the back door to put something in the recycle bin. There was a fresh gopher hole and the gopher was hard at work kicking dirt out and Daisy was watching it with intense eyes ready to pounce. She missed and then noticed me and came over to see if I had anything for her to eat. Animals can put on quite a show at times. The insurance agent I wrote about has a bird that talks. She takes it back and forth to work and back home. Mynew (not sure of the spelling) is well behaved with the bird cage open it hangs on the door or stays in his cage. He mostly mocks the agents husband but sometime will mock the agent. She told us one night their electricity went off and the lights went out. Mynew said "hello" "hello" and when no one responded he said in her voice "what in the world?" They laughed so  Mynew thought that was fun and wore that phrase out for a long time. When I was young and first married I bought a male parakeet. We lived in an upstairs duplex apartment. The walls were thin so my neighbors (two young Polish girls) must have tired of my constant "hello baby wanna kiss" as I was teaching my Pretty Boy to talk because they started mocking me on the other side of the wall. It got quite funny with the bantering back and forth.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like two fun birds! I've never had one or been around one but they've always interested me.

TexWisGirl said...

too funny. birds are so smart!

jack69 said...

Yeah, you wanted Mel to take the hint, so you needed some back up with the, 'Hey baby, wanna kiss?'

Love your stories cowgirl.

Woody said...

Liked your stories, Hope your New Year is a Great One.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE birds that talk. Remind me of my aunt. She had one she considered her baby. He was so funny, the things he used to say. LOVE your stories. Take care.

Unknown said...

What would we do without our animals? One of my aunts was crazy about birds, she kept parakeets and we were always trying to get them to talk...never had any luck at it...I always figured they were too smart for us...or maybe our repetitive conversation was a source of amusement for them.

Dar said...

My sis that passed had a talking parrot...what a messy bird he was. He used to say, Hello and Go, Go Now. I never had interest in caged birds other than the tiny finch-type that sing so sweet.
And, as for the ins. lady's rattler.....I think I'd still be shaking...and you're right about the SS and the X having to be married at least 10 yrs. in order to collect from an X's SS. They also must presently be of single status...what a screwed up system we have.
BlessYourHeartPaula

DD said...

Talking birds are very interesting. Reminds me of an incident. We were on a trip and it was freezing cold. We stopped for gas, my husband went inside to pay. He was all drawn up into his jacket. A bird said, "Are you cold?". He motioned for me to come in. The bird repeated himself to me. I almost fell out with laughter and told him, Yes, I am cold..lol

Lucy said...

I am going to see if this will post. Loved your entery, just in case this posts.