This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Cat Of Many Colors

I was reminded of the song "A Coat Of Many Colors" yesterday. Didn't Dolly Parton sing it? Remember Daisy the neighbor's cat who eats at our back door? She had one black and white kitten a while back. I don't know what happened to the kitten but I'm hoping some kind soul took the precious thing in for their pet. Guess what? Daisy is in heat again and there was a tom cat of every color in my yard yesterday. I'm betting she will give birth to about six this time and by the looks of things there should be one of every color. I'm so tempted to dig out my cat carrier and carry Daisy to the vet for an operation but she isn't really my cat she just buffets at our house and we do talk to her. I think I really would do that but I don't have a place to put her inside for a few days so her stitches wouldn't be removed too early. John doesn't want animals in the house because of his allergy and the garage belongs to Susie. You think I'm kidding? Susie has her own recliner in there. Not to mention a steady supply of food and water, a litter box on paper. If I don't clean the littler box often enough to suit her she goes on the paper. She has her scratching post. I have been known to squirt that cheap perfume aound and turn on a fan or night light. Let me know what color of kitten you would like.

10 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I have one too many kitty cats here. But good luck placing Daisy's. I do love CALICOS, though. So cute.

DD said...

Paula, I will take a white kitten with a black face and black paws. An extra spot or two is okay.

You are a super kind person to love and take care of several animals.
And to give me one too..lol.

Jon said...

Well, I can see that I'm not the only one with a surplus of cats. They have an uncanny way of multiplying. Please don't send any to me!

TexWisGirl said...

oh dear.

jack69 said...

Hey, Gonna be a grandma again! Ship 'em to Jimmy in Miami. they can probably use them at Area 51!.
Not sure if he cares what color, but I have noticed when he is Tom Cattin around he is selective. LOL

Send him the ones DD don't take.

I think that was Dolly who sang that!

Sage Ravenwood said...

You might be able to talk to your local animal shelter and explain the situation. If you're willing to pay for the expenditure of getting her fixed, they might be able to find a foster home for her until her stitches heal.

They're usually more likely to help in situations like this. To keep the stray population down. (Hugs)Indigo

Jill said...

I'll take any color!

Lucy said...

I have an idea!! Joe is being "one of those, I want to pick a fight Bohemian days". Put John in a bedroom and shut the door, permanently until Daisy heals. Can you tell I am in a mood where the bohunks are being treated too nice by us, at least mine is. John could even stuff a towel under the door to keep the allergy at bay.

Jean said...

Thanks Paula, Lol. I do find that cats easier to care for then dogs and a lot less trouble (unless they get out and climb a tree and cant get down) lol. I have a puppy that I will have to get spade if doesn't anyone claim her are I find somebody to take her. That don't come cheap. Lol. Take care.Jean

Kath said...

My typing skills have gone ROFLOL at lucy's comment haaaaa.Go on give it a go Paula,what Lucy said,you seem game for anything haa.Good luck with that and the kitty's.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx