This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Friend The Rabbit

This is a borrowed picture and is much darker then my friend. Had I had my camera in my hand I could have snapped a picture of my rabbit friend this morning. I hadn't seen him/her in several weeks and was beginnng to think something had happened to it but there it was eating a red ripe pear apple near the ground. Pear apples are the fruit that grows on cactus. The cows eat them when they are ripe but I never knew rabbits like them. He/she didn't seem afraid of me and I got within a few feet. Of course I had to have a onesided conversation with it. When it decided it had, had enough of my foolish talk it hopped into the brush but even then wasn't in a big hurry or didn't seem to be afraid. I was so happy to see it still lives near the cattle pens. At least I guess that is where it lives because I always see it within  a large circumference of the pens. Any suggestions for a name for this precious creature?

7 comments:

Lori said...

We have a wild rabbit that comes into the back yard (as long as the dogs are in their kennels) and lets us get within a few feet of it. I think it comes around to the rabbit hutches early in the morning or late in the evening and eats some of the rabbit pellets and other goodies that our rabbits drop. Then sometimes we catch it grazing on the clover in the yard, and we can get pretty close. Can't think of any names! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Name suggestion: Le Lapin
(Rabbit in French)

jack69 said...

I cannot believe you haven't named the creature? We see a lot of them here in the park, I always call the George. Of course I could be talking to Georgette. LOL
But I am glad the fellow(ess) hasn't come to some mischief

Love and hugs from up here in Pennsylvania!!!!

TexWisGirl said...

how cute would that be! :)

lucky penny (since he hangs out near the pens and seems to turn up now and again)

Jon said...

I'm glad the bunny found something good to eat. When I lived in the Ozarks I had a yard filled with wild rabbits. Here in Texas, I have a yard filled with stray cats.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd take the rabbits. They're less trouble than cats......

Jill said...

I'm so glad he is back! He knows good company when he sees it. :)

TARYTERRE said...

Love bunnies. would name him/her OBSIDIAN.