This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Little Church In The Country

We had a nice rain last night so we couldn't wait to go out to the ranch to see if it rained out there and it did. John put out feed in the trap near the cow pens, but not  nary a cow was in sight. They didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, they know they can drink from the mud puddles in the dry creek bed and not have to walk to the stock tank. They will waddle up toward the house and find the feed when they want something other then grass. I didn't think I would be able to feed the turtles without getting my shoes muddy but I picked my steps and made it to the end of the dam where I like to feed. Seven of my sweet darlings came to eat bread, swimming as fast as they could. Late this afternoon we felt wandering in our blood. We're running out of roads so we did a repeat drive and realized we could go straight ahead instead of turning like we always do and there we had a different road. It was gravel but had been graded so it wasn't rough like some in our county. From a distance we spotted what looked like a small house, but with a steeple on top. We couldn't figure if it was a church or someone had put a steeple on their little house. Odd place for a church way out in the country with nothing around. When we got even with the long drive-way there was a makeshift sign that read something like Devotional Church. We didn't see anything unusual but lots of cattle grazing plus two longhorns with exceptionally long horns. They were in a field by themselves so they are probably someone's pets.

6 comments:

Dar said...

interesting find, a church in the middle of nowhere...God intends to reach us all, no matter where, apparently. It's been a long time since I've seen longhorns...I love photographing them.
BlessYaBothOnYourInterestingTravels

TARYTERRE said...

I wonder who goes to the church in the middle of nowhere?

Jill said...

Oh I can imagine how happy your little buddies were to see you!

jack69 said...

Thou hast SPOILT dem turtles.
You Texans have some BIG pets.
((HUGS)) from up here.

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a perfect spring day - fresh rain, happy cattle, nice drive. :) love it!

Anonymous said...

We all know that even if it meant getting your shoes muddy, you would have fed those turtles...& they know it too. ~Mary