This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Up Close And Personal

This morning on the way to Poth, Texas to buy cattle feed we had the chance to get up close and personal with a wild turkey. Just as we drove east right out side of town a wild turkey decided to cross the farm-to-market road we were on. It lifted off and was just feet above the truck. If I had my digital camera working I could have taken a great picture of it. John's windshield was even clean for a change. I wonder what the guy at the feed store thought as John's truck bed was clean too. When we got home I realized I had better sweep up and dispose of all the trash the high school boy who cleaned his truck had washed down the drive-way. John thought that was unneccessary until I showed him all the flat tires waiting to happen. Staples, little pieces of wire, screws, nails. How many more times will I have to put the winter clothes away? It is supposed to get cold again tonight so I got out four long sleeved blouses. Glad I hadn't put them in moth balls yet.

12 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

As soon as I put my long sleeves away - it gets cold! sandie

TexWisGirl said...

yeah, we're dipping tonight and tomorrow, yet. i'm kind of enjoying the prolonged 'winter'. :)

TARYTERRE said...

What a sight to be seen. A wild turkey. It was in the 30's here earlier this week. Then we were out of it. Now it's dipping back down too. Crazy spring, to be sure.

Lori said...

It's going to get a bit chilly again here tonight. We've had 70s and 80s for the past few days, so I guess I can handle 50s for a few days. It is April, after all. But I really do love those days when it's in the 70s!

Unknown said...

Same weather situation here. It wont be long tho til those miserable hot temps come and stay! Enjoy your Wednesday.

jack69 said...

John sounds like Our mark. He had about ten pounds of 'flats waiting to happen' in his truck when I cleaned it out.
You missed the Thanksgiving turkey???

Kath said...

You are right Paula,that type of trash are a nightmare to the tyres.As for the weather,I keep getting out a lightweight outfit and a winter one.I am dizzy with it all.I just don't trust the weather forcast at all now. Sorry you didn't have the camera at the ready.Have a great day Paula.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Anonymous said...

So far I have only met the Wild Turkey in a bottle. ~Mary

Dar said...

Next time, I'd ask the high school boy that did such a nice job cleaning the truck, to dump that trash in the trash can :) but it's nice you saw the turkey clear as a bell. They can do some considerable damage to a vehicle if you hit them right...just saying. We had a heat wave today, in the 40's and loving it.
BlessYa

Jill said...

It's so hard to know how to dress here too. Hot then cold and vice a versa.

Leave It To Davis said...

Hate all those road hazards that people neglectfully let fall into our paths. You did the right thing!

It is weird weather we are having, isn't it? I have had to wear sweaters for several days now. Not used to this....but a few more weeks, and we'll be reminiscing about these days and wishing they were back!

Lucy said...

We got to 73 yesterday. By the next weekend after this one they are saying we will be back in the 50's. Bummer.