This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Josie Report

When we looked for Josie this morning they had moved location a little ways again. Seems every twenty four hours they make a little progress toward the pens. A hitch in their path though. Josie was in a lane between fences and the mama was on the other side. It was evident Josie hadn't had breakfast. She was making noises in her throat, not quite a real moo. Mama was pacing but didn't know how to get baby on her side so she could nurse. John had to force Josie between the wires and it didn't take long for breakfast to be served. John did some testing with here eyes and we are sure she is blind. John's daughter thinks if the swelling goes down on her forehead maybe it will let pressure off her eyes and then she can see. Her eyes do look cloudy so I have my doubts. She is a pretty calf.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww. poor baby. sure am glad you check for them daily!

Helen said...

Glad that you two were checking
up on her.

Lucy said...

Poor calf. Glad it hasher mom and you and John to check them.

TARYTERRE said...

POOR thing. Glad she got something to eat.

Leave It To Davis said...

So glad she has you two to look after her. And her mama, too.

jack69 said...

I am sure this all comes with the territory. But what amazes me is the calf being blind knows where breakfast is after being on the wrong side of the fence.
I guess you see it more than most, how nature works, the good and the bad.
HUGS FROM North Carolina..

Dar said...

Awww. So glad John was able to get Josie through the fence so she could sense her way to breakfast. I am amazed at the way instinct takes over. Josie may surprise the whole herd.
BlessYa

Lori said...

I'd love to see a picture of her. And, speaking of pictures, is your header picture upside down? Or is it just me?