This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bet You Can't Pick Just One

A dozen roses kinda woman I'm not. I'll settle for a handful of wildflowers any day. Much cheaper and when they wilt I can just pick more. Actually John picked these for me from the field picture in my header. This field is right here in town and the picture doesn't do it justice. The flowers go on forever it seems. The sunflowers are outdoing them selves this year everywhere in our county and in town. The farmers and ranchers doesn't like them because they sap the moisture from the grass they want to grow for the cows to eat but I think even they would have to admit when there are so many in one place they look beautiful.

12 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Can't the cows eat the sunflowers? I really don't know....I just thought since we eat sunflower seeds, the flowers would be edible. hmmmmmm...inquiring minds want to know. I'll have to go Google that!

Leave It To Davis said...

Wikipedia says that sunflower leaves can be used as cattle feed...the stem can be used to make paper. Of course, the seed is edible AND they make sunflower oil. Sounds pretty profitable to me!

Jill said...

I couldn't agree with you more. These are true beauties and the fact that John picked them for you makes them even more perfect!

TexWisGirl said...

really pretty!!!

jack69 said...

Oh yeah, we noticed several fields of sun flowers around San Antonio. I wondered how far they spread. A solid field of yellow with brown spots. Ha!
Sweet of John to bring flowers.

You said they were less expensive than roses, and John told me he was tight with money. LOL

Personally I love the wild flowers best also. SWEET PAULA! ((HUGS))

shirl72 said...

Paula so glad you got to meet
my Brother Jack and Sherry.
They were looking forward seeing
you. I enjoy reading your blog
I don't blog like Jack. I have only been into this since Jim's death. Jack was determined I get a computer to help me deal with
the loss. Not been easy but I
am a survivor.

Paula said...

The cows here DO NOT eat these sunflowers. Maybe they are a different kind then what you found on google.

TARYTERRE said...

I love sunflowers. Your bouquet is pretty.

Woody said...

Cows don't eat sunflowers up here in New York, but the birds go crazy for them !!

Chatty Crone said...

You know why - because you are real and so are they. sandie

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Paula, I was just over leaving a comment on "Leave it to Davis" and read the comment you left about being in South Texas. I too am a Texan - I got here as quickly as I could. So, I just thought I'd stop by and give you a big o' Texas "Howdy"!!

Love the sunflowers.

Rose said...

Love love them!