This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Air Conditioned By Nature

 
This deer blind is located on the east property. You can find varied deer blinds around here. I've heard of heaters, carpet etc. in fancy deer blinds but I've never seen one. It doesn't look like this one is used but I would bet it is. Not very nice and comfy like Dar's up in the cold country. It just makes me laugh when we drive past it checking the cows. When we drove to the back forty this afternoon we saw four deer and lots of wild turkeys so I guess the deer proof fences haven't hurt the hunting yet. I felt so bad when we drove by the windmill the rabbit I feed ( I like to think it's the same one) was waiting there and I forgot his/her food. John had a hard thing to do too. The land owner has ask John to let his grandson move into the farm house so John had to tell the renters they will have to be out no later then December 1st. We've gotten sort of attached to them as they are good about calling when a cow is out or was out and giving John a hand at times with something he can't do alone. The kids are just settled in school and the rent to find something else will be high because of the oil boom. The house is not included in the lease for the land for the cattle. Looks like there will be some changes going on. The grandson is nice too and he and his wife expect their first baby in February and he says he will keep the house up. There are already plans in the works to do some work on the well so we will see how things go. Hope we can still be friends with the renters and that they won't hold it against us for them having to move.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sad about making the renters move. hard for them and for you, too.

TARYTERRE said...

SAD about the renters, especially right before Christmas. But at least you're giving them plenty of time.

jack69 said...

Oh I do feel for John (and you) that is tough to ask folks to move when they are good renters and not behind on the rent.
I am still loving to see your road runner at the top. It is a good feeling picture for some reason.

Love from here...

Lori said...

That is a shame that the renters have to move. I hope they can find something else soon.