This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Do You Know The Answer?

John laughs at me for buying rabbit pellets and faithfully putting them out. He says a wild rabbit won't eat those. A rabbit is a rabbit is a rabbit. Why would a wild rabbit not eat what a tame rabbit will? Something is eating every morsel. Not one little pellet to the side uneaten. He says wild rabbits look for grass. So what do you think are eating my pellets? Cows? Ground squirrels, skunks, birds? Only one time they were not eaten and it had rained and they were soaked. Now I put them by the windmill under an old water tank where they don't get soaked unless the wind blows too. We have had showers everyday for the last few days. Now it is amounting to enough to do some good with all days showers together. We've looked for the baby calf and not found it. The mama is around. John thinks she has lost her calf. It happens sometime. We're like blood hounds looking at tracks to see if the oil company has done anything. No markings anywhere, only one set of large pick-up tracks which could have belonged to anyone.

6 comments:

salemslot9 said...

I pray you find
that lost calf soon
& it's as right as rain

TexWisGirl said...

i'm sorry about the calf...

the bunnies here sneak under the bird feeders and eat cracked corn and bird seed each night. i'm guessing they like your pellets just fine.

Donna. W said...

I imagine the rabbits are eating some. I would bet money that possums, foxes, raccoons, and whatever other varmints you have on the place are helping.

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with you about what the rabbit eats. Hope that calf is found.

Chatty Crone said...

I think rabbits would eat that.

Lori said...

When Eler Beth had rabbits a lot of time some of their pellets would fall through the hutch, and we would occasionally see a wild rabbit sitting there eating them up. So, yes, they will eat them if they're there.