This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Little Red Barn Steak House Turns 50

A well know steak house on the south side of San Antonio celebrated their 50th year in business today. A large and well known steak house where all the waitresses dress western and the building is painted barn red. This was our waitresses on my birthday two years ago. This steak house is not very far from where I lived in San Antonio for many years. Thursday night was our steak night out. There was another steak house by the name of The Hungry Farmer but it was in the other direction from our house. Every Thursday night when Mel got home from work we went through the same routine. We backed out of the drive-way and drove a few feet to the stop sign. Left would lead to The Red Barn and right would lead to Hungry Farmer. Mel would ask which one, calling them by name each time, do you want to go to. I would say it doesn't matter and it really didn't to me. When we were getting no where with this conversation I would finally say one of the names and then he would go the other direction to the one I didn't say. Humm is this a man thing or what? If it really mattered to me I could have said the opposite of which I prefered and then I would have had my way without him knowing. Hee hee the games people play.

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

People do play games sometimes, don't they?

Jon said...

I'm sure it's a man thing, Paula. My father would have done exactly what Mel did. My parents always had conversations like that!

The Little Red Barn sounds like the kind of place where I'd like to eat. But so does the Hungry Farmer. I'll go in either direction.....

TexWisGirl said...

cute memories. :)

jack69 said...

We have enjoyed the Little Red Barn each time in San Antonio. Recommended by my Brother in Law. We have never been disappointed.
We will try the Hungry Farmer next time in town.

Leave It To Davis said...

I love your memories. You always make me smile.