This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Talkin' Tipsy Again

I can't believe I'm writing about swigs, tips, and sips again because John and I don't even drink. Don't get me wrong we aren't holier then thou. We just don't like the taste and can have fun without drink or drugs. Today we got our invitation to the winery. You may say why are they sending you an invitation if you don't drink. One year when we still shopped for Christmas there were two young men on our list who was hard to buy for. Both businessmen who had been known to take a nip now and again. We were dying to see the strawberry winery, just because we like to see and do everything once. Two birds killed with one stone as they say. The winery is out in the country and it was a hot day. They have a gift shop in an old house with a front porch. We went in to get out of the heat and look it over. The clerk started giving us samples to taste since we didn't know what to buy for the men's gift. We finally settled on two bottles, one for each young man. We stepped out into the heat on the front porch and I told John I feel kinda funny and not as in ha ha funny. John said I do too. Well they have our name and address and send us an invitation to a shindig they have every year with music and chuckwagon cooking and of course wine to taste and sell.

7 comments:

Lori said...

When Thomas makes his home made wine I act as his taster, and that is usually all the wine I need. It doesn't take much to be too much for me.

Donna. W said...

I like a little "sup" (as my mother-in-law used to say) of wine, every now and then.

jack69 said...

I drink a glass of Red wine every night, I hear you will live for ever if you do that.LOL I am not crazy about the taste myself. I usually say what a waste of good grapes, I LOVE GRAPES. If wine tasted like grapes.... now that would be different!!!! LOL
Good entry...

Jon said...

I was surprised to learn that there's a winery somewhere near Lubbock (I've never been there). This harsh dry climate seems like the last place where grapes could be grown.

I admittedly drink far too much, in a feeble attempt to expunge all of my problems. I can speak from experience - - you're far better off not drinking.

TexWisGirl said...

so i'm guessing it was pretty good. :)

TARYTERRE said...

A little goes to my head mighty quick. So I save the drinking for special occasions, like New Year's Eve. And I make sure I stay put.

Lucy said...

This was so funny. I don't drink now either. Have enough trouble staying upright. One time my brother in law insisted I just have a very small glass of wine, and it hit me like a ton of bricks and I never had wine again.