This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Rain Beautiful Rain

It's been raining in south Texas and are we happy! The river is out of it's bounds, roads are closed, streams are running where there isn't a stream, and limbs are down. More to come they say. We'll take it. We awoke to a terrific storm this morning. Hail and wind and rain. We rushed to put John's car in the garage and this morning we only found two dents. Soon the power went off and was off for several hours. Not pleasant to sleep in south Texas without air conditioning. We didn't know until the news this afternoon what caused the outage. Lightening struck something around an oil well and caused an explosion which made a tremendous fire. They didn't say anyone was hurt so I hope that is the case. We haven't seen a rain like this in so long and it is much needed. I hope some of the lakes caught enough water to do some good. So many of them are so low from the drought. Anyway we're all singing in the rain down here and very thankful.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am so very glad for you! we only had a small rain shower this morning. they said parts of dallas area got 4 inches! i sure hope we have some coming... :)

Wendy said...

Very thankful for this beautiful rain!!!

Jon said...

I'm glad that you finally got rain. We had rain here in west TX, too. It poured nearly all weekend. It's the first rain I can remember in a very long time.

Hootin Anni said...

...and all we got here was a sprinkle!! Lucky you.

TX needs more of this and soon.

TARYTERRE said...

The rain sounds needed where you are. Glad you finally got some. We're expecting bucketfuls on Wednesday here.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Glad you are getting some much-needed rain. It replenishes the earth! I think my favorite things about spring is the thunderstorms and the rain. Makes me sleep like a baby :)

jack69 said...

After seeing Lake Medina last year I can understand the 'hallelujah's' about the rain.
In our travels at west I did learn you guys were serious when saying "This area is subject to flooding" when all I could see was a dry creek bed and sand.

But later one understands what Y'ALL mean... (smile) I too hope the water level climbs.

Lynne said...

It looks like it wants to bust loose here any time now. I can't get Gracie Mae to cooperate and come indoors, but I imagine I'll have no problem once it starts, lol.

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you got so much rain - now send some to California! lol

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Amen, Paula. Even over here in SE Texas, we are so happy to have the rainfall. God grant that these systems don't harm anyone.

Beate said...

I'm so happy you're finally getting the much needed rain! I sure hope that nobody was heard in that explosion!
Have a wonderful rest of the week, Paula! :)