This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Who Was Baby Sitting Who?

 

John and I walked away in shock as he was telling me I've never seen a child that young take over a conversation like that. I had to agree. We met a lady and her granddaughter at the hospital cafeteria this afternoon. As it turned out the grandmother is kin to someone we know well so we were having a nice conversation of memories or trying to. The grandmother was baby sitting her six year old granddaughter while her daughter (the child's mother) was recovering from surgery. Everything the lady would say the beautiful six year old would contradict her. The lady would hush and let the child have the last say. Maybe to keep from making a scene in public but we're thinking this child runs the show. I had the feeling if this child decided to stand in the middle of a busy street the grandmother couldn't have stopped her. Who was baby sitting who?

10 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Children can be contrary that is for sure. Sounds like an interesting conversation.

jack69 said...

SMILE! Methinks we have many of the same thoughts and feelings, assuming you agree with Brother John. (smaller smile)
Love from hot North Carolina.
Maybe the hurricane Arthur will cool us down.

salemslot9 said...

I can't get over how rude
some children can be...
in my personal experience
I wanted to send em
a charm school gift certificate

Jon said...

I've always maintained that children should be muzzled and on leashes.

I like your header photo with the turtle!

Lynne said...

I remember kids did not go thru that "know it all" stage until their teens. I think it is the preservatives in meat and food that has caused this to escalate in their growth span. (grin)

TexWisGirl said...

precocious is good, but overbearing is not. hmmmm...

Sharon said...

I'm old school... that would have happened ONCE.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't think my comment went through...

I typed: "Kids now-a-days"

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to bet that woman did not act that way with her children when she was raising them. I've noticed lots of grandparents seemingly bested by their grandchildren.

Donna. W said...

I hate it when adults won't take charge and BE the adults! They are endangering the child.