This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

A New Crop Of Kitties

The neighbor's cats love to use underneath my shed as a nursery and that's okay. It's the best way to enjoy cats. I don't have to buy feed or feed them, I just get to watch them and talk to them. There is a new litter there. They come out late in the afternoon to rest and play but if I walk around the corner of the house doing yard work they run fast to hide. The Mama has some light Siamese markings and two of the kittens do. I think she has three. We won't tell the other neighbor they are there. She always says she calls the dog catcher but we never see him. She must wait until she knows we're gone to the ranch. I like the cats around for snakes and mice. I could seal off the opening under the shed but I don't see that they are hurting anything by being there. When they are weaned they will all go home until the next litter.

10 comments:

Jon said...

It sounds like my situation. There are always cats hiding under my sheds and using them as nurseries.

Lucy said...

Where our neighbor with the horrible back yard there was a bunch of cats. There were 40 cats at one time. My neighbour started feeding them and watering them Thank goodness she stopped and I haven't seen a cat for 2 weeks. She is moving and could just picture them all over hear. Thank goodness they are somewhere else.

TexWisGirl said...

you do get to enjoy them - and their hunting prowess, too.

jack69 said...

Awwww, you are just a sweetie and a BIG PUSHOVER!

I like it. When one can say, "What is it hurting?" good attitude...

TARYTERRE said...

I love kitties too. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy their antics.

Leave It To Davis said...

My daughter used to live by the lake and people were always dumping off pregnant cats there. She would feed them scraps, as she fed the fox and the deer and any other animal that would wander up around her house. She missed that once they moved from there because you can't have that in town. I hope in Heaven, there will be animals that we can freely pet and hug....you know....the bunnies that are wild....the coyotes that look like a dog sitting out in the pasture....a lion that looks like a big kitty cat....and we won't get hurt there. That would be Heaven to me!

Hootin Anni said...

I would do the same as you....enjoy them. They're so sweet. And part of our ever wonderful world.

Woody said...

We have a stray kat here, we can't let it in but it is fed every night, we named it Patches. If still here by winter I will take it to my cousins farm.

salemslot9 said...

our Tiny Dancer
just passed away
poor lil kitten

p.s.
Leave It To Davis
God loves His animals
they will be there

Chatty Crone said...

I totally agree with you - cats on a farm are like one of the most necessary things there is! lol