This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Rabbit Habit

I'm ashamed I wrongfully accused the grandson of doing away with the rabbits. I guess I just don't know their habits. Two of the tamer ones were there waiting so I had to borrow some sweet feed out of the grain tank. They stayed and listened to me talk to them so I'm sure they ate their breakfast as soon as we drove off to look for cow number 07. When John opened the grain tank he looked down at a roll of barbed wire and ask me what is that? It was a snake entwined in the wire. Every snake looks like a rattler to me. It was probably a rat snake but I declined John's invitation to step in and make a video. John miscalculated the date on number 07. She still hasn't given birth. We didn't see her for a couple of days so we thought for sure she had by now. We looked and looked and walked and walked and finally gave up. When we got back to the pens there she was and still very pregnant. The trek around the ranch wasn't a complete waste, we saw the flock of turkeys several times.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad the bunnies are still around and that you located #07, too!

Sharon said...

I'm sure you were relieved to see the bunnies. Whew! Glad #7 is okay, she must be huge by now. Think I would have passed on the filming of more than one snake...

jack69 said...

Okay I will stop telling every rabbit we see as we walk to get back to Texas, Paula misses you. Sherry laughs every time I tell one that.

Love from the Potomac. Sherry & jack
Big Hug to brother John!

TARYTERRE said...

glad you saw the bunnies. As long as that snake was out of commission, that's a good thing.

Hootin Anni said...

Glad to know your bunnies are still enjoying your company!!! But, oh that snake. I'd be high-tailing out of the area. ALL snakes are poisonous. LOLOL

Wild turkeys...what a treat [not the kind you eat...but the beauty of them]

Martha said...

Glad the bunnies are still there and glad you found number 07 too! Have a great weekend! :)

salemslot9 said...

happy bunny to you, dear Paula

I pray the haters
don't hate on us

only 3 kitties

Posh, Baby & Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim has a limp