This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tons Of Canday

John and I each received an invitation to the Cowboy Fellowship Fall Festival on Halloween. Isn't that nice they include the older people too but tons of candy we don't need. A mechanical bull? No our old bones and joints doesn't need that either but the fireworks display would be enjoyable if it isn't past our bedtime. New bathrooms, now that's a plus at our age. New location, not at the park in the next town over. It will be at the church grounds in the covered outdoor arena which seats 3,000 people in case of rain. At this stage of the drought I would stand out in the rain if it did. Plenty of easy free parking is a plus for us. Oh and a rock climbing wall. Guess not but I bet all those kids from our county will like that. Maybe we will go but probably not but now I know I won't have to feel guilty for not buying candy and turning my porch light on.

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Nice you got an invitation. But it sounds like it's geared to the kids. It is fun to watch them all in their Halloween finery. Have fun if you decide to go.

Hootin Anni said...

Y'all need an invite to this in order to attend? The entire community should be able to go without an invitation. It's nice they included you 'old folks'. And yes, I can understand why you'd step out in the rain after this dreadfully long drought. And yes......I can understand that about 'bedtime' too. We are early risers, so we go to bed early ourselves.

TexWisGirl said...

really nice community event, it sounds like. i'm a homebody so i'd be at home, too.

jack69 said...

Aw go ahead, let John try the Bull and the WALL. ME? If I was there it would be the REST ROOMS. Ha!

You live in one of our favorite areas in the country. Love the small towns around San Antonio. As a matter of fact I was thinking of Hondo and Bandera today.
Hugs to Brother John, tell him to be careful!

Sharon said...

Sounds great if you're under 40 and have a bunch of kids. I would have to pass.