This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2014

So Much For Halloween

Another Halloween has come and gone. I didn't intend to give out candy this year, right? John insisted on stopping to buy some, me thinking he is going to dole it out. Before dark I fell sound asleep only to awake to the neighborhood dogs barking. Through the blinds I could see it was very dark out and the house was dark. I jumped up, opened some of the candy and turned the porch light on. Where was John? Sound asleep in his bed. There were maybe twenty to twenty five kids at most. All dressed cute as buttons and on their polite behavior. No cars loads of teens from other towns this year. Reminds me of when I was a teen in our small country town the boys always put an out house in front of the post office. One year they put a wagon on top of the school auditorium. How they managed that feat I don't know.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

I remember three teens coming to our door one year, and then they switched costumes and came back. I busted them out but gave them candy anyway because they were so apologetic, lol.

Hootin Anni said...

...those kind always 'ruined' the celebration. But, kids will be kids.

That's funny to think John was asleep. That would be Bud too.

Sharon said...

One of my grandson's wanted to do that too tears ago... kids!

Not a soul came last night. We are just too far out.

TexWisGirl said...

awww. glad you had some good trick or treaters. :)

jack69 said...

We have three boys across the street. We had candy, but they did not come over. They did load inthe van and take off. I imagine to some party or an area like yours for LOTS of candy. YOu bring a lot of memories in a few words. Oh yeah, halloween in the 1940-50's.
Kids still have fun,and I am glad... they will make their own memories...

TARYTERRE said...

Sounds like you had a good night. i remember all the tricksters from when I was a youngster too.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that John was asleep that sounds familiar,

salemslot9 said...

only 6 beggars
showed up here