This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Replica Of An Important Building

The last time I was at the Bigfoot Wallace museum I don't remember this sign on the building and it doesn't look that old. It isn't the museum,but an extra building.  So someone is keeping up and the grounds are clean. Maybe there is old farm equipment in it. Once Mel and I took my mama to see inside the museum. Just when we were enjoying it she wanted to go home. WE vowed to go back and look as long as we wanted, but we never did. Now John and I made the same statement. You see it isn't as simple as going at a certain time. You have to call a number on the door for someone to come let you in. Years ago there was an address on the door and you went to pick up the key. With the changing times and people having cell phones the latter plan may work . You have to understand this is a tiny country community and wouldn't have lookers everyday.

10 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry the sign shows up in my picture but not so good here. It says This building is a replica of the one where The Texas Declaration of Independence was signed on March 2nd and 3rd 1836.

TARYTERRE said...

I like a place where you have to ask for the key to see it.

Sharon said...

Even the replica looks to be very old.

Hootin Anni said...

That's what we had to do in the little town of Violet Texas...we wanted to go inside the historic church. Someone was there at the time...so luckily we got to go indoors.

I bet it would be very fascinating inside.

Linda Kay said...

Paula, the idea that you have to get someone to let you in makes it even more intriguing. I'd love to see it.

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you told us what it said I couldn't read it - how cool - the building still stands!!!!!!!

jack69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack69 said...

That is one nice thing about the West. There are so many sights that they all cannot be over run by tourists, but if you have the time, it is a treasure.
That statement of yours we 'plan to' is the curse of having something so close to home. There are very interesting places close to our hometown, and we drive thousands of miles to see other famous places. In our minds, We can go to the ones at home when we are too old to travel. Usually that does not work out well. Maybe one day we will see the Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC. It is hard to believe that we had our own Gold Rush. (smile) Good entry.
I deleted the first, I need a proof reader, even for a comment. (smile)

TexWisGirl said...

nice that there are volunteers to keep it open if you call...

Leave It To Davis said...

Probably have more visitors if it just said Bigfoot museum. Lol