This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I Wasn't Paying Attention In Geography Class

Several years ago John and I went to Buffalo, New York to visit his brother. As we were driving down a street one day I spotted a sign with an arrow pointing and the words Niagra Falls. I was amazed I had no idea we were that close. I said if I'm this close I have to see it. His family said we'll go to the Canada side so we did. It was December and so cold that we spent most of the time across from the falls eating in a restaurant and checking out the tee shirts for sale. Probably the only time I wore that big coat.

9 comments:

jack69 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack69 said...

Oh yeah, that has happened to us. To me that has made plenty of good memories.
But to the FAlls, We were lucky to be close and went to the Canadian side also. I stood there and wondered why the falls never ran out of water. Surely it will run out! :)
(YEAH, BUT you are so cute in the coat, BUT John looks COLD!)

Now if I could just be smart enough to read before I hit publish! Blogger needs an edit button. (smile)

TARYTERRE said...

I honeymooned at Niagra Falls. It is a beautiful sight for sure.

TexWisGirl said...

what a great photo! have never been there. :)

Linda Kay said...

I get all befuddled when it comes to geography as well. However, since we have now lived in several parts of the US, I am better at it than I used to be.

21 Wits said...

I really like Niagra Falls, and it's funny sometimes when we realize something isn't that far away from us. We visited an unusual quaint little place near Buffalo, Lilly Dale it's like stepping back in time! Then we saw Lucy's hometown of Jamestown, and her museum, another place we stumbled upon!

Jon said...

That's a really nice photo. My parents went to Niagra Falls once, but I was less than a year old so I don't remember it.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Best reason anyone ever gave for paying more attention in geography class...not to miss sights you want to see. LOL My sister and some others went out and vacationed at Niagara a couple of years ago. I'll never see it - it's not in Texas.

salemslot9 said...

your love kept you warm :)