This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Flood Damage

The two pictures are near the egg nest we found yesterday. This street in the park is blocked off to cars. The water from the flooding was so high and swift it washed out the river bank. I don't know what the city plans to do or if there is anything they can do. I hope we can drive back through the park today to see if the mama is there. She must be very tame because the nest is near picnic tables. Maybe she knows which side of the bread the butter is on.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yowch! some serious erosion!

Sharon said...

I've seen worse, they can fix that to where you never knew it happened. Worry not.

TARYTERRE said...

I hope the mama finds her way back to the nest. Such a shame about that and the flooding.

Lux G. said...

So sad to see the damage. :(

jack69 said...

I never cease to be amazed at the power of water.

We Easterners sorta smile at the 'Danger Flooding' signs at dry creek and river beds in the southwest. we ask.. Where is the water?

BUT Sherry and I never ignore the signs, I read too many cowboy stories...

Jimmy's Journal said...

That river took a good chunk out of the banks. Hope the bridge is not affected. Shame that all those eggs probably won't hatch. I like the little critters when they're little.

Jimmy

Hootin Anni said...

I'm sure the city can do repair work on that. When we lived in Colorado, the Big Thompson River flooded and washed nearly a whole community away, but today, you'd never know.

Too sad that the mama's future brood was caught in nature's wrath tho!!

Kathy said...

I see it also took out a chunk of the road. Jack obviously didn't hear about all the loss of lives that our state suffered in these floods. Raging water is a force to be reckoned with.