This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

One Of Our City Oak Trees

I finally made it back to the ranch today. John likes to go early because he feels he can see better then. It's hard for me to take medicine and eat, then be ready at the time he wants. Plus we are having such hot weather it isn't as much fun. The little roads are so grown up from the hard rains in the spring. Some are washed out so he had to stop to inspect to see if it was safe to drive forward. Old Jersey is still getting the royal treatment. All John has to do is point toward the pens and she goes. Her calf then comes face to face with him to have her head scratched. I was happy so many rabbits have come back. Most of the turtles seem to have disappeared and frogs have taken their place. They have even taken over a small water trough and I was able to video one.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

What a magnificent tree!
Sounds like things are getting back to normal after all those rains. Maybe the turtles have moved to a more hospitable area. :)
Urgh, Frogs! So noisy!

Jon said...

I love that stately oak tree standing defiantly in the road. And I hope those turtles come back.

Hootin Anni said...

Miserable heat for sure!!! And weeds...why do they thrive, no matter the conditions? Awwww, that calf sounds adorable wanting to be scratched.

That tree in the middle of the street is pretty cool....

TexWisGirl said...

cool tree in the road! love the little 'heart' cloud above it, too.

Linda Kay said...

Hmmm, an oak tree in the middle of the road? Hope no one has been drinking when they drive down this one!

Kathy said...

I'm glad the built the road around the tree rather than take it out. The tree was there first.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I love how they let the street go around the tree! We used to have one in our little town on a residential street. Glad you made it out and about. Maybe we'll get some rain and cooler temps soon.
#WeekendCoffeeShare @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Sheila Y said...

We have rabbits off and on in our backyard. I've also startled them a couple times when I've opened the front door at night and they high tail it to the back. Take care and stay cool, Sheila

Manzanita said...

How Holy Cats wonderful to leave a tree in the middle of the road.That's what I love about small communities. In large cities they cut everything down, plant some more little trees and wait 30 years for it to grow. LOL

jack69 said...

I like an oak that refuses to move for a road. LOL
Makes one wonder where the turtles went.
Love from up here in COW country also, Wyoming...