This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, May 23, 2016

At Least I Didn't Have Morning Sickness

I have been craving different food lately. When we passed Walmart a few days ago John ask it I needed anything from there. I wouldn't say exactly need but I sure have been craving some raw turnips but only get a couple of medium size in case they are strong. I want them to be sweet. When I looked in the bags there was no turnips. Where are my turnips I ask. He said the produce clerk said it's too late for turnips. Would you believe at my age  I was sitting in bed sipping orange juice in Labor and Delivery? I was booked at our little community hospital for a shot and they put me in Labor and Delivery for lack of space.

8 comments:

Jon said...

Just be thankful that you didn't come home with a new baby.

I don't think I've ever eaten a raw turnip. Not while I was sober, anyway....

Sheila Y said...

My Dad always talked about going out with a piece bread and getting a raw turnip to eat when he was young. Hope your week is going well. Take care, Sheila

Hootin Anni said...

Well now....I bet you created a bit of excitement and wonder with all the other mother to be patients!! rofl

Turnips....my mother used to boil them and we'd put tons o' butter on them. I didn't know they were seasonal tho in grocery stores. Hmmmmm.

Hootin Anni said...

PS....that part of Jon's comment about being sober...what a hoot.

Linda Kay said...

I need to remember that Halloween pumpkin. So funny!

jack69 said...

I'm just gonna say AMEN to Jon!
I love raw turnips!

Sharon said...

I've never had a raw turnip. I do like them cooked in stews and soups.

TARYTERRE said...

I bet you got an eyeful in Labor and Delivery. Love the pumpkin. Not so crazy about turnips. Like radishes, does that count?