This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Check Is In The Mail


Did you ever get an unexpected check for a large amount? John did today, but it was short lived. We went to the city water board to pay our bills for the month. John told me to write my check and he would go in so I didn't have to walk so far. (nice of him). When he came out and was separating the receipts he came upon a check. Who is this from he says? I could see it was made out for over $1,000. Where did I get this? Remember John has Macular Degeneration and doesn't see real well. Let me see I say. The check was made out to our city water board. Whoops lady clerk was a little careless with her book work. This was a company paying their large water bill, very large compared to our bill. Lady clerk was working on her book work on the counter and when John picked up his receipt in a long envelope he picked up the check which was under it. We made a fast U-turn back to the city hall and John took the check inside to the clerk. She thanked him profusely, she hadn't even missed it yet.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ooh. yikes. those folks wouldn't have liked to receive a past-due billing. :)

jack69 said...

WOW, I bet she thanked him. Yes, she was a little careless, too bad it wasn't made out to cash or to bearer! LOL

Well, it is nice to be honest and go to the added road time to take it back. But I can imagine the shock of seeing a $1000 check when you are not expecting it.

Take care over there.

Sharon said...

I'm sure that made for an interesting time! Thank goodness you noticed it right away.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow!!!

I bet she was elated with your honesty!!!

2023 said...

Mostly, my take away from this is John is thoughtful/nice to you. Works for me. I hope you are feeling like the regular Paula more often than not.

salemslot9 said...

no
but don't forget
to check online for
unclaimed property
here it's Michigan.gov
one time my John's Mother
got money from a
forgotten insurance policy