This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

Gosh I'm so not in to holidays I almost forgot it was Valentine's Day. John did say happy valentine's day to me early in the morning but I was more interested in getting myself awake so we could get the chore of grocery shopping out of the way. Sleepily I said the same to you. At Walmart I had found the type of night gowns I like on sale so I put one in the cart. As I passed the card isle on my way to take my blood pressure (isn't that what all old people do?) I spot John searching for a card. I stop to tell him if you're looking for a card from me get me this instead and handed him the night gown. Was that being a kill joy and unappreciative? No, he liked the idea and he liked the print on the night gown so much he thought it was to wear out. Guess I could wear it with some tights. It is short sleeve and knee length, soft material, I like it. Being a girl who likes Mondays and country roads, Doesn't take much to make me happy, but hope you all got your wish and had a Happy Valentine's Day.

9 comments:

jack69 said...

aHHHH, YOU ARE A SWEETHEART of a Valentine. Good for you. I like a person who says what they mean. hahahaha
Love to you with Valentine's wishes also.

I do believe we are distant kin! ;-)

weekend-windup said...

Happy Valentine's day. You go t a wonderful gift on this special day:)

Sharon said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, Paula! I'm sure the gown will feel more comfortable than a card. :) I'm not into cards ...

TARYTERRE said...

What a sweet idea. Made for a perfect day.

salemslot9 said...

your John sounds so cute
he will love
you even more
when you model
your new gown

my John gave me flowers
including my favorite
white daisies
and a card
with kitties on it

2023 said...

I see the fact that John liked the nightgown a definite evening(or heck, daytime too) plus ;O. You are no KillJoy, you are a joy. I've decided to like Mondays more just reading this. I wish you good blood levels, every day.

Lori said...

That's really cute. Glad you both had a good day.

Jon said...

It sounds like you had a pleasant Valentine's Day. A nightgown is much nicer than a card.

Hootin Anni said...

Bud and I don't 'do' valentine's day at all...except for a cerbal happy day to each other. I have a gray nightgown I wear with yoga pants...very comfortable.