This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Do You Have An Odd Building In Your Town Or City?

By odd I mean a building that just can't make it no matter what kind of business goes in to it. I think we may have more then one but one catches my eye every time I pass it. I fully intended to take a picture of it but forgot. It is on a main street, a street if you stay on it will take you straight to San Antonio. It is usually a restaurant and has been a sea food place several times and then they have tried Mexican food. Nothing makes it and has to give up and close up. The last was a Mexican restaurant. I can see how that wouldn't go as we have so many Mexican food places all over town and all over the county. A good sea food place should make it but I don't know what the problem is. The thing with the last one that struck my funny bone and it lasted less then any of them. The owners or managers put two rocking chairs and a rocky horse right at the edge of the top of the building. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of them. Maybe advertising service for the young to the old. What do you think?

8 comments:

Rose said...

I have no idea...but wish you had taken a picture of them.

TARYTERRE said...

Rocking chairs are inviting. The rocking horse maybe encouraging those with youngsters. it will be interesting to see what happens there this time around.

Paula said...

The chairs and horsey were put there for the last restaurant. It's closed again.

salemslot9 said...

hey cowgirl!
do you know
the name of
the restaurant?

Paula said...

No Lisa I don't and I don't think the name is still on it but I will try to look next time I go that way.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

They say the 1st rule in real estate is location, location, location. Maybe the location is the problem.

,

jack69 said...

I do not have the faintest idea. BUT we do have one of those buildings here in Belmont, NC. It was originally a steak house. It had changed hands at least 8 times. I have a friend in real estate who says those buildings are referred to as 'Snake bit' and most likely the next owner will lose money.
Shame!

Hootin Anni said...

Odd...that's what I think. lol