This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Flag Day

I'm proud of our town for displaying a flag in front of every business on Federal holidays. It is quite an undertaking to drive to every business early in the morning and install a flag into all the flag pole holders. At dusk it's to do all over again to gather them up, roll them, secure them, and drive to where ever they store them. We put our own small flag out to say we're proud to be Americans and to live free where we can put our flags out or not as we choose. God Bless America.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I have a new flag .... somewhere. My memory is not serving me at all lately. I like seeing all the flags out though!

2023 said...

It would appear, if you listen to the news for more than a few minutes, that so many people don't seem to be so proud of our country anymore.
I still am. I don't show my patriotism through flag display, but I am very proud to be an American. I witnessed(accidentally) a flag burning once & I found it thoroughly revolting.
The people who say they are ashamed to be raising their children in this country, would they rather send their children to North Korea? I could not believe the condition that boy came home in....over a propaganda poster.

Jon said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Paula. Thanks for reminding us of Flag Day.

jack69 said...

I love this country's ensign. I fly it as often as possible. True, flying the flag does not MAKE you Prouder than those who don't, but it does show someone you are thinking of the flag, its standards and FREEDOM!

Desecrating our flag is somehow allowed under the term Freedom, but one should find some other less revolting way to disagree. IMHO

LV said...

I agree with you totally.

Chatty Crone said...

I am proud of them too!

Rose said...

I don't have a flag to display, but I do love seeing it. And I just totally enjoyed the comments here.

TARYTERRE said...

very nice indeed.