This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Arrow Points To Niagra Falls

When I was young I always heard of couples going on their honeymoon to Niagra Falls but never went there or thought a lot about it. Several years ago John and I made a trip to Buffalo, New York to see his brother and to meet some other of his family members. One day while we were there we all were driving back from somewhere when I saw a sign pointing to Niagra Falls. So much for my georgraphy. I didn't even realize we were that near Niagra Falls. I ask is that the Niagra Falls? If we are that close I have to see it so they said okay but it is prettier from the Canada side so off we went. It was December, very cold, and getting late. Good thing we had our big warm coats and gloves with us. We looked and admired but it was just too cold for us warm blooded south Texans so we all went across the street to a restaurant where we could look out the windows and watch the lights come on. we've never been back and John's brother has passed so we never will. At least now when I hear someone talk about Niagra Falls I know what they are talking about although I don't think it was exactly what I was expecting it to be.

11 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh yeah, the view from the Canadian side is best. Glad you got to see it. My problem was Where could all this water come from and why doesn't it run out! LOL Our first view was when we were visiting family also. My Sister lived in Canada for a few years.
Like the picture. Winter you sure miss the crowds LOL

Paula said...

Sorry about the misspelling folks, my computer was telling me and I wasn't listening.

Rose said...

Well, at least you saw it. I am afraid I would have been right with you in the cold...I am just in Indiana and I tire of the cold.

Sharon said...

Very nice picture! I've never been there and no plans. It's nice that it was close enough for you to go and see one of most talked about wedding destinations. Now, you have first hand information. I'll bet it was cold!

Belva said...

I love the picture of you two. Looks like you were lucky to have your warm coats.
I've never been to Niagara Falls and I will never get there, although it has never been on my bucket list. LOL

TARYTERRE said...

Glad you got to visit. Great picture of the two of you. Niagara Falls is where I went on my honeymoon almost 40 years ago this week.

2023 said...

Sometimes I wonder if anything is really what we expect it to be. I'd love to be one of those "no expectations" people, but I rarely achieve that.
I hope you are feeling well today & getting enough rest.

Paula said...

Thank you Mary. I am feeling well today and hope your world is as level as it can be. Happy anniversary to you and your husband TARYTERRE.

Hootin Anni said...

Just reading about the cold makes me chilled to the bone! In December no less. But, at leat you saw it....that's what counts.

Wendy said...

I went there when I was 10 years old. The last family trip before my parents divorced. We went on a boat and also walked down a boardwalk to see the falls. I remember the falls being massive and getting wet.

Lori said...

Eler Beth and I went to Niagara last year on our way back from Toronto. It was really beautiful, and we got some nice photos and videos. I would like to go back some day. Found out that Anthony has never been, so maybe for their honeymoon....