This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A late country ride

John  has Macular Degeneration so can't see very well. I used to be the one who wanted to go for a country ride. Now that I drive he wants to go for a ride. We especially like this road where we seldom see another vehicle. Hardly any houses, but some cows, a couple of horses and sometime a deer or wild turkey. However we do see some sunsets and pretty Oak trees. They have even paved part of it for us. Well not for us I guess. When we first started we saw warning signs go up. A slow truck may have been looking for a calf to steal. Now people, the few we see, wave at the old couple driving slow so John can look  and remember his ranching days and stopping at times to snap a picture.

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like to think of the two of you on your beautiful private road.

Sharon said...

Haha, like you are casing the joints ... I can hear their thoughts now. Haha.
Must be a nice drive.

jack69 said...

Oh yeah, when we cannot, we still want to try to involve our selves or our minds. I hope John can enjoy it ror a long time to come.
I got a sunset thru a tree this evening my self. Loved it.

TARYTERRE said...

i'm glad you get to enjoy the view on this country road. the tree is lovely, indeed.

Rose said...

I do love this photo...and a couple years ago, a county deputy stopped and asked if I was okay when I was creeping along at the strip pits. LOL I didn't have my seatbelt on but he didn't name it.

Hootin Anni said...

What a gorgeous scene!!!
I too love going for country rides [especially when there is no other traffic]

LV said...

Nothing better than a ride in the country for anyone. Sorry about your husband,s eyes. That is not a good thing. I have some friends that have it, and are taking some kind of treatment from a foreign country.