This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Old age Crazies

John and I have truly received our old age license. Don't tell our kids some of the crazy things we do now that we are retired and are looking for things to pass the time other then work. This morning we awoke before day light. You would be surprised how dark it stays when we are ready to get going but we need some light to see. I had time to set the table with my favorite bread and onion and his catsup. An extra plate to put the empty shucks on. Yep it's tamale day. At daybreak we drove to Poteet to stand in line to buy one dozen tamales and drive back home again to eat breakfast. They are so hot they are still hot when we peel the foil back to serve. No wonder they are called hot tamales. As I was walking in the in door I saw a man from church going out the out door. He and his wife drive farther then we do so I guess when people get older they just do crazy things to entertain themselves. You know it is kind of nice to be able to do some things you want to do and not care what people think but please don't tell our kids. What do you do that doesn't fit the norm?

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I call it living the good life! Nice that you can do that!

TARYTERRE said...

You are living a wonderful life and doing it your way. What could be better than that? Those tamales sound delicious.

Rose said...

I stay up too late to get up too early. I seldom go to bed before 1:30, and night before last did not sleep any at all till the next day...I do that every now and then. But even though it is always that late and even sometimes 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. when I got to bed, I wake almost always by 6:30 and get up and mess around till 7:30ish to give Roger his meds. Then may read a bit more and then go back to bed for an hour or two more of sleep.

salemslot9 said...

playin music & pluggin in disco lite

Paula said...

Sounds good to me Lisa

jack69 said...

Yep, we all have learned that age ALLOWS us some room. I like it when folks take advantage of it. ;-) One of these days I will try Tamales again! You can sure make them sound good. LOL

Hootin Anni said...

Blessings to you both!

May your spirits soar in 2018...days filled with nothing but joy & happiness surrounding you for the upcoming year.

Happy Holidays
love, Anni

Hootin Anni said...

At my age, the only thing 'normal' is breathing.🎄