This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Let The Children Play

Lemonade stands have almost gone. Tug-of-war with the dog, over a bone.

Skates have turned into those inline things, all these subjects memories bring.

No yellow brick road, no happy trails. Who was Mr. Greenjeans, my memory fails?

Turn off the screen, let the children play. Cancel that appointment, let them create their day.

Go back to the treehouse, jump rope for fun. Teach children to use their imagination as they play in the sun

5 comments:

Jon said...

A wonderful poem - and it brings back memories. I think the children nowadays are missing a lot.

Chatty Crone said...

I totally agree with you! Great poem.

jack69 said...

As you know, I adore your poetry. It is REAL!

Love it!

TARYTERRE said...

lovely poem. i agree with the sentiment.

salemslot9 said...

cute lil girl

nice one Paula