This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

An Expensive Ride

Since our hospital has been bought out by the Methodist System we "I use the word we loosley" have an air life helicopter on duty all time. I saw a post from a woman who had to use it and her bill was a staggering amount. However I understand there is an insurance a person can buy to cover a trip on it. It is a pretty piece of transportation but I hope we never have a need for it. We pass it most every day and on the rare occasion the choppers are turning getting ready to lift up I say a prayer for the person who is waiting for this expensive ride.

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Yes they are expensive. When My first son was born premature the medical cost wiped me out. We bought supplement insurance for medical helicopter.
Coffee is on

Jon said...

That's a great thing to have available but it's a shame that it is so expensive for the people who really need it.

jack69 said...

It seems that anything associated with hospitals is expensive. I assume that is what pays for the huge beautiful buildings. The Dr. called an ambulance for Shirl a few weeks ago. The ride was about 8 miles. Cost $1000 plus. Ins paid most of it, but it was still PAID by the consumer in the end.
YES on this end. Here is hoping y'all will never need the Air Lift.

Chatty Crone said...

Yes it is extremely costly - I don't know if they have insurance - and here we have so many hospitals I don't think we need it - but ambulance yes. You need to look up and let us know the cost of the insurance.
Sandie