This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I was surprised to see any comments after so long a time. I miss everyone but I'm swamped. John has Dementia, can see and hear very little. Everything is up to me even though I have my own health problems. I have MDS, a blood disease, stage three kidney disease, and tests show I have Pulmonary Hypertinsion but don't have the symtems. John sleeps a lot but likes for me to take him for drives on country roads so we do that most every day. I'm taking Procrit injections in the stomach every other week to try to keep my blood counts up. So far it has helped, but they are never where they should be. In spite of everything The Lord has been good to us. Things could be worse. 

Lisa the hospital I wrote about is in Poteet, Texas so it was just called Poteet Hospital. It is just north of us and is the Strawberry capital of Texas.

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

i'm sorry to hear about all your health woes. you're right when you say it could be worse. i'm saying a little prayer for you. you take care. it's good to see you doing your blog again.

Jean said...

Hi Paula, it's so good to see you back I often wondered about you. Sorry to hear about John I know it's hard for I went through it with my husband. Glad to hear you are able to get about and hope you continue to get better. I'm doing well living alone since my granddaughter went back home, she spends some time living with me and her parents. Take care, jean

Chatty Crone said...

I am so thrilled to see you on here. I am not thrilled about your health issues or John's - so sorry.

Jon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are going through, Paula. Please take care and keep us updated when you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

jack69 said...

I cannot believe my comment did not show.
Love you lady and KNEW you were swamped. Our prayers are with you and John. You are one terrific woman (and cowgirl) to hang in there.
Our thoughts are the best for you
Sherry and jack

salemslot9 said...

Never did find that darn hospital

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Paula....for months, you've been in my thoughts. And I just HAD to go back in my blog comments for quite a long list to find the link to your blog so I could visit and maybe find some updates on your health. I do hope all continues to be the best it can be under the circumstances....and hope this finds you happy.

Lori said...

I try to keep an eye on your Facebook posts, but I'm not sure how I missed this blog post. I hate that you're going through all of this with John and with your own health problems. I'm so glad you still feel up to posting on FB so we know how you are doing.

jack69 said...

Rest in Peace Sweet lady! Give Mel our love even though we never met. Sherry, our sons and I will never forget you. You were such an easy person to like and love. Prayers for you family. When we think of the Alamo or the riber walk, we will ALWAYS think of you. It is so hard to think that you have ended your rides on country roads. BUT your adventures have just begun. Love always, Jack & Sherry, the gypsies.