This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We recieved a call this morning early that one of John's calves was out on the farm to market road. The well man called John and his nephew on his way to work had called him. Country people are the best when it comes to helping. We threw on our clothes to get out there on the double. Not good to have an animal out. Dangerous for people and dangerous for the animal. It had probably jumped the cattle guard. When we got out there it had either jumped back in or someone had stopped and put it in. There was a cow and calf walking toward the house and the calf was feeling it's oats in this cooler weather. That was most probably the little devil that was out. The mom seemed to leading it away from the road. We saw Mama Twiggy and she seems to be doing okay. She checked us out probably to see if we had brought her calf back but she wasn't bawling. That is what they do for a few days when their calves are sold. The German Shepards were in the yard where they belong but they barked loud enough. I don't know that I would want to go in that yard when the renters are not home. We heard the boat in the stock tank is taking on a little water. Maybe we'll have a sunken treasure in the bottom some day. Everything was clean so I guess young renters are learning. You know the young and from the city have to be taught country rules. Paula

19 comments:

Janie said...

Wonder if there is a way to set up alerts on new entries like on aol?? Janie

Lori said...

Hi Paula! I have you on my list now.

Joyce said...

Good morning Paula. I see you haven't missed a beat. I'm so glad. The only thing I hate is NO ALERTS other than entry alerts. This will be fun going through all every day.
Hugs, Joyce

Helen said...

Glad to see that you moved on over. I would be afraid of those big dogs also. Glad the calf was ok and back inside the fence. Saved you and John a lot of work. Hugs, Helen

garnett109 said...

poor mama twiggy

Lisa said...

I'm so happy to hear the calf made it's way back in - I would think he wouldn't want to be from mama too long. When we wean the buffalo they cry & cry, both mom & baby..it is sooooo sad. I always threaten to open the gate & let them together.
Lisa

Sage Ravenwood said...

Ok, thanks for the chuckle hon "you know the young from the city have to be taught country rules..." Amen. Glad to see you this side of the blog universe. (Hugs)Indigo

Sweetnessk71 said...

I would like to become a follower lol but I dont see a link to become one on your blog..help lol ok take care

Kris

AGirlNexDoorCreation said...

Hey there found you...LOL..maybe I can keep up better here who knows...I hope you have an awesome rest of the week..hugs,TerryANn

sober white women said...

I am so glad to see and sally mae over here. heck she has been on a lot of travels this year!

Amelia said...

I'm glad the cow made it back safely :) Have a good evening Ms. Paula.

*M*

Rose said...

I glad the calf made it home too. Glad the renters are behaving. your journal looks lovely! rose

Ken Riches said...

Glad that the calf was back in the pasture safe and sound :o)

Missie said...

I'm going around to trying find everyone from J-land. Glad you joined the mass migration! LOL

moshell's lilbit of space said...

Yes...the city people do need to know the country rules no doubt, this is coming from a CITY girl that had to learn FAST.

roberta said...

HI PAULA, ITS ME. ROBERTA. I WOULD PUT A PHOTO UP, BUT HAVE NONE, AND DONT KNOW HOW YET. BUT I AM HERE NOW. SO GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

roberta said...

hi paula- it me roberta.i dont have a photo but only a new address berts words find me..roberta

Lisa said...

So glad we found eachother.... I have you on my list Paula. Have a great weekend.... it's a beautiful fall day here.
Hugs,
Lisa

Gerry said...

When I read this entry I was reminded of the fall round-up when I dreaded the sound of cows bellering all night long for a lost calf. My dad would try to help them find it, but if the cow got impatient and gave up and went off to the mountain then that poor calf became a dogey and we would have to sing 'come along little dogeys to your new home' where they never thrived like they did with Mama Cow. Gerry