This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

After sleeping late I was ready to hit the road. I told John we need to check the cows, you may have a new baby out there. Naaaah he says. He finally said well we'll just check the molassas. I'm not riding around in this cold. Um ha they need sweetlix tubs. I spot a cow in the pasture alone. That usually means she has a new baby. Naaa John says that cow don't have a baby yet but he drives that way and when we get cose I see those little legs on the other side of mama. Then we drive toward the back forty and find two more new babies. John says to me you're getting this cowboying down pat aren't you? After lunch we head to On The Farm. Oh goody I'm thinking I can ask the lady there about the property with the fancy four post in a square. Wouldn't you know there were customers all around the counter? John would have been so embarrassed if I had ask then so I'm still wondering. When we got near the place on the way home I'm practially hanging out the window trying to take in as much detail as I can. I see a dome type thing on the ground looks like it may fit on one of the four post. It isn't solid, its open. John says maybe they are arbors and they are going to grow grapes on them. Well why are they so far apart? Different color grapes he says. Well why is it taking so long to grow those grapes? Those thingys have been there a while. John says well maybe the man married a woman and she doesn't want any wine. Ohhhh. Well I also noticed they are going up with another building near the two two story houses. I'll try to keep you posted. Hope all of you have more curiosity then John does.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Fooled John didn't you. They may be going to one day build an outbuilding using those post. Just inclose it in. Helen

garnett109 said...

I have to ask Ok How cold was it there this am?

jack69 said...

ATTA BOY GIRL, ON THE COWS, Cowgirl it is! We are curious about the post formations. Keep trying.
Jack
Maybe they are practicing to see if they can get the posts set just right, then ????

Gerry said...

I got a chuckle out of this one, especially John's explanation of why no grapes are growing there yet and why the thingys are far apart. One does have to learn a male companions ways and accept them in order to enjoy the company, isn't that so?

shirl72 said...

Tell John to go on get in the truck and then
you can ask. You need to solve this mystery.
Do the Cows just have their babies out in the
open field? Paula I don't know a darn thing
about that. I bet I am not the only one but are ashame to ask. I guess you know when she
is pregnant. My brother is going to be so
embarrassed because I have ask this question.

Shirl

Jean said...

maybe the next time you are out that way you will get the chance to ask her about the homes and post. Take care and stay warm if it's as cold there as it is here. Jean

barb said...

I AM CURIOUS TOO---ARE THOSE POSTS ANY WHERE NEAR ME?? WE LIKE TO DRIVE AROUND TOO--BARB

Missie said...

Enjoy your weekend.

Carlene Noggle said...

Haha John...Paula was right!!! lol
I keep remembering Danny saying," good thing we don't own cows Carlene or you would want to take them inside during the winter!" when I hear about your cow stories! lol
take care Paula,
love you,
carlene

Janie said...

I am getting curious too. lol Awww little baby calves. They are so cute when they are babies. Have a good weekend. Janie

Alice said...

Hi Paula. You know, I bet John is just as curious as you are but leaves the "investigating" up to you. Sure hope you find out pretty soon. The suspence is killing me :)........

Amelia said...

Hmm yeah, it has me curious.

*M*

Rose said...

men just don't understand all our concerns do they?? My husband calls me nosy I call it being curious.

xo

Lisa said...

You are getting this cowboy thing down well! Good for you on spotting and knowing their were babies. It's too cold here for babies, in a few months they'll be popping up. Not here though as we don't have any bulls. Unless the last one got lucky before he left.

Kath said...

Thats a gal Paula you tell um,when thers babes about..Awww little calves they are beautiful as are all baby animals.I hope you find out what the structures are.LOL once again at John he-he.Have a great weekened Paula.Take Care God Bless Kath xx