This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Mother Nature Is Confused

I had no intention of mentioning yucca plants or a sore back again so soon but here I am again. As I pulled out of my drive way this morning to go to the doctor I glanced between my house and the neighbors and I could see something large on my yucca plant in the back yard. It couldn't be a bloom its only February. I had a lot of pain this morning so I called the accupuncturist (sp) and got in at ten. She put 70 needles in my back and then added a few more for good measure. I ask her how she knows she got them all out when she is finished and she told me she counts them. All new to me but I was ready to try anything. I can't tell any difference so far and I go back next week. When I got home I hobbled to the back to see what is on my yucca plant. You can tell I haven't been in my back yard lately. There is a full bloom almost all turned white and a smaller bud still purple. Guess they don't need rain to bloom because we sure haven't had any until this morning we had a little and a promise for some more in the days to come. We need a lot of rain to catch up.

13 comments:

Alice said...

The yucca plant loves dry weather. Mine will bloom later in the spring. Hope the treatments help :)......

jack69 said...

Unbelieveable what you can learn from Texas. YOu are the first person I have come in contact with that has tried Accupuncture. I sure hope it works. I once crawled into a Chiopractor's (sp) office and walked out feeling great. IT is according to what is wrong with your back. It can be so many things, and so easy to do.
I sure hope it helps, I will stay tuned to learn. The bad back throws your whole life out of whack. Sure can't wrestle cows!
Enjoy the bloom!
Jack

Jimmy's Journal said...

Hope you guys get the rain you need. I've never tried accupuncture, but I don't think I'd like it.

Jimmy

garnett109 said...

you had more needles in you than on a cactus

Helen said...

wOW! I bet those needles hurt. Let know if they help. Blooms of any kind look pretty in this kind of weather. Come on spring so hopefully we can all feel better. Hope your back soon eases up. Hugs, Helen

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Did it hurt having all those needles in you, I would be to afraid. I have a bad back too, I find if I do yoga it helps. Please share a photo of your yucca plant with the flowers if you can. Feel better soon :)

shirl72 said...

I have never had accupuncture hope it works.
I have tulips coming out of the ground and we
are so suppose to have more bad weather.
Thanks for stopping by my Journal. I am off
to Cortland Assisted Living to sing and dance
tomorrow back to Holy Angels. I do stay busy.
Jack's thinks it is wonderful it keep me out
of trouble. I do have to shop one day so the
stores will not have to file bankruptcy and close. HA Just ask Jack.

Shirl

Carlene Noggle said...

Seems like the back ache is going around here in journal land...ummmmm...I mmean blog land...Myabe we should call ouir new domain..
B-LAND ??? !!! lol
Hope yours start to feeling better soon..I got to go to the DR today...Wish me luck.
love,
carlene

Sheila Y said...

Sorry you are having to deal with an aching back. I hope the acupuncture works. Have a great day, Sheila

Rose said...

ouch!!

Do I need to do a rain dance again!!

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about having back problems and hope you are feeling much better today.
Lisa

baldy said...

Mojave Yucca (Yucca schidigera) and Banana Yucca (Yucca baccata)
Paiute name: oos'eev
Yucca plants grow low to the ground with 1-inch to 4-inch sword like leaves that end in a spear-like spine. When the environment is right, they bear cream-colored, bell-shaped flowers on long stalks.
Another important use for yucca was as soap and shampoo for the Paiutes. Bark from the root was pounded on top of a rock until stringy. When the root was placed in a container of water, it formed suds. The root was removed for future use, and the suds used for bathing.
Banana and Mojave yucca were useful in many ways to the Paiutes. The leaves were braided into baskets or cord. To make shoes from skins or braided plants, Paiutes used the sharp points for needles and the white curly thin fronds for thread.
Ripe yucca fruit was split, the seeds taken out and eaten raw or roasted over coals. Young fresh yucca stalks were boiled or cooked over coals and eaten like asparagus. Seedpods were baked and eaten or sliced and dried for winter use.

Amanda said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))I hope you are feeling better.Have a nice weekend.