This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Diesel Tank

This is the diesel tank on wheels John used to go from tractor to tractor when he was farming peanuts big time and raising vegetables to ship. Notice there is always a cactus growing by anything that hasn't been moved in a while. This is on the ranch where John's daughter lives. Left back you can make out her goat barns and right back a working oil well. Landlord gets the money which probably isn't all that much a month. It was nice putting out hay this morning and on the way we counted eight deer crossing in front of us on the country road. We hardly ever see that many at one time. After we got our work done I ask John to go check the wild hog trap as we haven't heard from the renter as to his luck so far. When we got close I told John the gate is off and inside the trap. Can't catch any hogs that way. We got out to have a closer look and there was deer hair everywhere in the trap. Evidently he caught a deer and it was in a panic and probably tore the gate off. Can't wait to see renter and find out the story of that. That is what two rows of barbed wire across the front is for, to prevent calves or deer from going inside. When we got home I contacted live help then printed the info. so I could take my time in trying to solve my internet explorer problem. Crossing my fingers.
.

11 comments:

Lynne said...

I lived in Beeville TX as a very young girl. I don't remember much with exception of a hurricane, red fire ants, a snake killing every day and oh yes, cacti! LOL I do remember those plants! Lots of em!

jack69 said...

I like the old equipment pictures. I always wonder what happens to it. I wonder if a person could make a living selling scrap metal from old equipment?
There is always a problem explaining the small points to someone when they are trying to learn something new. The wire probably didnot mean that much to the renter, it probably will now, huh? Amazing how resourseful and strong an animal is when trapped.
Hope you get to the source of the problem.
on the net.
Jack

garnett109 said...

How big do the deer get down there?

Janie said...

Hope you have a blessed Easter Paula. Blessings, Janie

Sheila Y said...

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter, Sheila

Joyce said...

Poor deer. I hope it's not hurt bad. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend Paula.
Hugs, Joyce

Helen said...

It is always sad to see old machinery not being used anymore but was a big thing in it's day. I hope that deer wasn't hurt to badly by that barbed wire. I hope you get your computer fixed. Happy Easter to you and John.

Martha said...

Hope you get your computer problems worked out. Have a nice Easter weekend :-)

Paulette said...

I love your tales Paula. When Ernie was a graduate student in N. Carolina he graded peanuts for survival $$. He almost got fired his first day on the job for calling a "man of color" "Mr". Times have changed, haven't they. Paulette

Paulette said...

I love the picture of the dog in the convertible. Just seems happy. Paulette

Unknown said...

Hi
I hope the deer is okay that got caught. Paula internet explorer is not a very secure internet browser, if you are having pop ups you need to be sure your pop up blocker is on. I highly recomend download Fire fox's Mozilla it is a much more secure browser and it will bring you to the same places at internet explorer...you will find it here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html Be sure you are running good anti-virus software and check it to see the pop blocker is enabled. Good luck.
Tabby