This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Feet

They better be after the money and time we spent on them. Yesterday we spent two hours in a foot doctor's office for John. I go with him to new doctors to fill out the paper work. When I was finishing up one of the last questions ask Do you have tired feet? I looked at him and said who at our ages doesn't have tired feet? When I came to the question Married, Single, Widowed then I got a jolt it ask Living with Partner and the clicker was how long? What does that have to do with your feet? As we get ready to leave the doctor threw some inner soles into John's hands and said put these in your shoes. When we got to the receptionest they cost $35.00 dollars a pair. I'm used to the Wal*Mart ones for a few dollars. He reccomended some certain walking shoes so we went to Academy today. Wow I'm used to buying my walking shoes from Wal*Mart too. I figured whats good for the goose is good for the gander so I bought some too. We felt like teenagers spending that much on tennis shoes. When we got home we felt our age and didn't feel like trying them out.

11 comments:

Paulette said...

I hope your feet truly are happy with the new tennies. Oh wait, no one wears tennis anymore do they? Has to be "walking shoes" or "running shoes" or whatever else, but not "tennies". Remember when tennis shoes were canvas on top and rubber around the edge and on the bottom? Since I got orthotics for my shoes I now have to wear shoes that will fit them, mostly "Mary Jane" style flats. If I try to wear the orthotics in a heel, I nearly fall on my face! The indignities of aging continue, but as my father in law used to say "it beats the alternative". Take care. Paulette

Helen said...

I hope you enjoy the new shoes and new insoles. You know you tend to do more walking if you are married. Taking care of those spouses. Helen

garnett109 said...

after m hip surgeries they wanted me to buy a pair of shoes, the price was around 500 bucks never did buy them

Martha said...

I sure hope the expensive ones do the trick and work better than the ones you usually buy. Have a great weekend and a wonderful week ahead :-)

Sugar said...

hope the shoes & insoles help!!!
have a good wkend.
huggies...

shirl72 said...

I sure hope you made your feet happy and they thanked you for making them feel good. That much money it should. Made me sad just thinking of the cost. How we have moved on.
$35.00 WOW I bet you could just about get the
same ones at Wal-mart for no more than $3.99. plus tax. What have we come to? HAPPY FOOTING

Shirl

Anonymous said...

PAULA, AFTER MY STROKE LAST OCTOBER, HAD MY DAUGHTER BUY FOR ME AT WAL-MART A PAIR OF 'STEP IN' SANDALS, SOLES WERE EXCESSIVILY BIG WHICH CREATED A PROBLEM WHEN TRYING TO WALK WITH THE WALKER.
COULD NOT TAKE ANOTHER STEP BECAUSE OF STANDING OF THE SOLE OF THE OTHER SANDAL.

GOT TO THINKING, WHY NOT JUST GO BAREFOOT ? IT WORKED OUT FINE BAREFOOT EVEN ON TILE BATHROOM FLOOR, BARE FEET DID NOT SLIP.

IN THE CARE CENTER BEFORE COMING HOME, NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GO BAREFOOT BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE FUNGUS SUCH AS ATHLETE'S FOOT FUNGUS.


THOSE CARE CENTERS HAVE TREMENDOUS PROBLEMS, FEEDING, DISPENSING PILLS, THE PILLS USUALLY GIVEN AT MEALTIME, ONCE I WAS GIVEN SOMEONE ELSES PILLS SEVEN TOTAL WHICH I DOWNED ALL AT ONCE WITH A DRINK OF WATER AT THE SAME TIME THE MEDIC NOTICED HIS MISTAKE. TOO LATE THEN.

WONDERFUL TO BE BACK HOME USING A WALKER BAREFOOT AND DAUGHTERS TO DISPENSE MEDICINE. NO WAITING FOR ROOM-MATE TO GET OUT OF TOILET.
TRY NOT TO HAVE A STROKE. sam

Sheila Y said...

I hope they make his feet happy again. My brother got inserts a few years ago (he's only 37) and he said they helped alot. We have a tendency to be flat-footed...ha. Take care, Sheila

Lucy said...

If you can have happy feet GO FOR IT. No way can I make my feet happy, any more..

Lisa said...

Awww, too tired to put the new shoes on!! That IS alot of money to spend on feet - you are right, they should be happy!! Enjoy your shoes :)

Unknown said...

I hope both of you have Happy feet for the next year! That sounds so expensive, I usually do the Walmart insoles myself. Those where some strange questions they asked at the doctors.