This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Late Night TV

Isn't it weird some of the things you can happen onto late at night? I used to never flip channels but I have learned it from John. I couldn't sleep last night so I was flipping and came upon a movie that looked like my kind. Already started for a while so I have no idea what the name of it is. Maybe someone can tell me if they can stand to read about it. Where I came in a young thin cowboy drove up to an auction with a load of cattle. His work hand didn't have all his ducks in a row but the cowboy made him unload the cattle. Mitch the cowboy went home and he had a neat house all decorated in county. To make a long story short some crooks were transporting illegal pills up the cows. If you know what I mean? At first I thought the ducky guy was palpating the cows (checking to see if they were bred) but no he was looking for the pills. He ended up with several large bags of the pills. Two more crooks showed up looking for the pills but Mitch had already drove off with the old truck the pills were loaded on. Cute young lady shows up at Mitch's house. They seem to be old friends and get very drunk together. Crooks find out the pills are at Mitch's house so they go looking and find cute girl there and she is the wife of one of them. Big chases, lots of pulling out guns but the crooks always ended up arguing while they have a bead on someone or each other instead of shooting. Ducky guy is locked in a trunk because the crooks have beat his so much they think he is dead. Then they add a mexican guy into the trunk with the dead guy who ends up not being dead at the end. Cute girl finally solves where the pills are and calls her husband to tell him. She tells Mitch she is going to divorce her husband and she and Mitch seem to be in love. Kind of a stupid comedy but the cattle and country home, cowboy made me continue watching it. Excuse me I had to ask if anyone knows the name. John has seen bits and pieces of everything on TV but he wouldn't listen to me. Anyone know?

13 comments:

garnett109 said...

wow that was one weird show

Sheila Y said...

I don't know, about how old a movie was it? Did it have anyone in it you recognized? In color or black and white?
Sheila

Paula said...

Sheila: The movie was in color but a lot of desert like backgrounds. I didn't recognize any of the actors but that isn't unusual for me. I don't keep up with movies and actors and actresses much unless they are very poplar and I can't miss them on the news.

Lucy said...

I would not have any idea. I bet that anyone that found me at the computer at 6:00 AM would think, She is nuts. always before when I was younger I would not haver been at the computer but I would have been hurrying to get ready for work.

jack69 said...

I haven't seen that one. Shoulda had John Wayne in it and we would have known. hahaha!
Now you are blaming the boy for clicking channels. No one is as bad as a woman flipping channls!!! hahahahahaha
Take care
Sherry & jack

Ally Lifewithally said...

Paula wish I could help but I am at a loss to know what Movie that could be :o) ~ Ally x

salemslot9 said...

'Matlock' here
lol
what time did you start watching movie?
Friday night?
or after midnight (Saturday)
what channel was it on?
do you have cable or regular tv?

Paula said...

Geeze Matlock all I know we have cable. Next time I'll record the channel and time. Thanks.

shirl72 said...

I can't help don't watch many movies. Sometime
movies are repeated. Hope you find out the
the name.

Shirl

Lori said...

Are you sure it wasn't just a bad dream? lol
I have no idea, but if you put the words "movie, mitch, cows, pills in cattle" into a search engine, guess what comes up? This entry! lol Hope you guys are doing well, and if I can figure out what that movie was, I'll come back by to tell you.

Lisa said...

I haven't heard of that movie - I like what Lori said. It sounds like it could be a bad dream, for the cows anyway. LOL

Lucy said...

How is the tooth today??? Hope it feels better.

Gerry said...

The Western movie I watched, Brokeback Mountain, sounded better than yours. I loved all the camping out details, saddling up the mules, pitching the tent and that mountain was gorgeous. The scenery alone seemed worth going for. Doc thinks I will watch any movie with a horse in it, but I do not recall ever seeing the movie you describe. Gerry