This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nice Surprise

We went to eat a gringo breakfast (thats what they named it) at Chile Bandera and to offer our condolences on the loss of the young man. The cashier thanked us but we could tell she didn't want to talk about it so we didn't press her. Not sure of the relation of any of the people who work there. They were doing a booming business as usual and had a nice sign out front thanking people for their prayers and support. I told John before we left I want to feed the turtles this morning. haven't been out in several days. What a nice surprise we had when we turned into the gate. Mud Puddles. Yes mud puddles excite us. When we got to the end of the lane where the rain guage is we stopped. One blessed inch. That is the third time in about three weeks we have had about an inch. The grass is greening up and it will until the first frost arrives which could be a while. We decided not to drive to the tank and get Ole Blue dirty with mud as I had washed and cleaned her inside and out late yesterday. I had on crocs (very washable) so I picked my way down to the tank dam with bread and puppy food in hand. Those slimey green turtles are getting spoiled. A few clunks into the water and they started making their way toward me. I counted six, probably the same six. Too wet to do much else so we went by to visit with John's daughter to tell her it rained and is too wet to spray mesquite bushes as she had planned. No rain at her place and just a shower here in town. I always wonder how did God decide where to send the rain this time. People always joke and say who ever gets or doesn't get is paying the preacher or not paying him enough. I always wonder if he says eenie meeny miney moe there you go. No I don't think so, I think he decides who needs it most. We're thankful and I'm sure the cows are too.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Glad that you all are getting some rain lately. Bet those cows are glad also. Helen

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have you named the turtles yet?

Wish we could have sent you some of our rain...
Enjoy....LindaMay

salemslot9 said...

'Ole Blue'
mine's 'The Silver Bullet'
lol

garnett109 said...

I'll send you rain , It's been raining for 3 days here in ne pa

Anonymous said...

PAULA, IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TURTLES. sam

Lucy said...

I am so glad you got some rain.Hope you get plenty more.

Sheila Y said...

Next thing you know, you're going to walk out the door of your house and those six turtles are going to be waiting to be fed....ha.
Have a great weekend,
Sheila

jack69 said...

the rain sounds good, yeah, keep ole blue clean. We sure need to wash our car and house. But we are really glad you saw some more rain. Mud puddles? you are supposed to jump in them.
Sherry & jack

Lisa said...

I'm glad you've had some rain. I know how bad the drought is in part of Texas from watching the Weather Channel. We've had about 5" of rain over the past week - too much or too little. Must be we've overpaid the Preacher. ;)