This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Small World

The company we both have our house insurance with has a social twice a year. Because of the economy they will only have it once and in the fall. Today was that day. They used to send out reminder cards and have stopped that too so people have to read their magazine to see when the social will be then write it on their calendars to remember. Since John and I are gluttons for free meals we didn't forget. Well we have paid many a premium and not turned in many claims sooo. Anyway the lack of cards sent out there was probably less then half the attendance then usual so on the first two drawings John and I each won. He won a back pack and I won a small cooler. The food was so good. Our end of a table was discussing about which small berg we come from. When I told mine the man sitting catty cornered from me said I went to school with AJ from there. Do you know him? He was one of my double cousins but he is dead now. Yes I know the man said and he played the and before he could finish I said steel guitar. We could have talked on and on but had to hush because the meeting was called to order. Then a lady made a speech and I knew her from my hometown. We were able to chat with her afterwards for a few minutes. She ask why we don't come to the historical society meetings from my hometown. It is always too hot or too cold or I don't feel well or I am tired. We must go soon if for nothing else to see the inside of the new bank where the meetings are held. When I lived there there wasn't even a bank there. Then in later years they built a very plain one. Now they have a beautiful bank with all gold letters on the front.

11 comments:

Helen said...

Glad that you went and had a good time plus winning a prize each. Helen

Missie said...

My blog address changed. (Missie)

http://whatcomesnextinlife.blogspot.com/

Alice said...

Can't beat that, Paula. Now what is John going to do with a back pack :) Loved your last entry about the cats, too. Sounds sort of like my two little guys and the neighbor dogs that are BIG and my two are determined to protect their turf no matter what!

garnett109 said...

enjoy your Sunday Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi...isn't it nice to get a surprise...specially when you don't really expect one...and to find folks from your neighborhood...from time past!!!!??? glad you had a good time and good food...happy day to ya...Ora in KY

Lucy said...

Enjoy your Sunday today. Glad you got to the get together and had good food.

Rose said...

wow for what I pay for my home insurance I should get a free meal too! sounds like you all had a great time!

shirl72 said...

I think it is fun to see people that you know
from the old days. John will have to go back
packing on the ranch. He can carry your dog food
for the turtles. Glad you had a good time.

Shirl

Sheila Y said...

You can't beat a free meal...and prizes to boot. Hope you have a great week. Sheila

jack69 said...

Glad you are insured!!! LOL Good that they will do something for the policy holders, ours sure won't. Glad you Won along with the meal.
From Kentucky,
Sherry & JaCK

Lori said...

Wow! What a coincidence, meeting people you have ties with. Sounds like everyone had a nice time too.